How many posts are required

Hi,
I am new here, Please tell me that how many posts are required to use edit profile feature. I want to edit my profile but I am not able to set my home page.

As far as I can recall, you need to have made ten posts before you can set a home page. Posts made in General Discussions don’t count towards your post total.

I don’t think anyone has the ability to add a home page, although I do find it peculiar that we can add a description of our website, but not the website url.
After 90 days you do get an opportunity to add a signature to your profile that you can have shown on each of your posts.

[FONT=Verdana]

Hmm … you might want to think again. :lol:

[/FONT]

And yet, it can’t be changed/added…

Bah! Nevermind, finally found it (at least where to change it).

So TechnoBear could be correct that you need 10 posts. :blush:

Hooray - I’m not alone. :lol: That gets me every time I want to edit something in my profile - where to do it just doesn’t seem to be intuitive, at least, not to me. One of the reasons I almost never change anything. :wink:

now i know why i still have zero posts… posts in general discussion don’t count… thanks… :slight_smile: New here as well…

made a quick reply for othes topics is a succssed post? where can post?

Welcome to the SP forums.
I’m sorry but I don’t understand what you’re asking.

Quick Replies (phrased used by vBulletin for a reply made on the same page) or Replies (Advanced mode) do count, if they are not made in the General Discussion forum

Be careful though because quick replies without very much value to the thread discussion will be given a fluff infraction and users can only get 8 infractions before they are banned. More importantly, it builds a better community if we give well thought out answers that help the Original Poster (OP).

Steve

I’m not sure if he meant “quick reply” as in short reply or the fact that at the bottom of each thread there is a “quick reply” section as part of vBulletin. Nonetheless, that is definitely good advice.

A ‘quick reply’ in my context is one that does not contain very much information, adds nothing new to the thread, is hard to understand and does not answer the OP’s question(s). Typically we see people trying to do hundreds of minimal value post to get their post count up. Most often these ‘low quality posts’ don’t take more than a few seconds to type; therefore they are ‘quick’ :slight_smile: