How much does your manager get paid?

I’m not talking about small company but corporate level project manager. I’ve just googled and they average around $80~$120k. Is this really true? I thought they get paid much more than that!

I would say most of these things are happening at the Gov’t Sectors like DoD and other agencies. As usual, gov’t got load of BS and politics. So, they rather hire someone externally who’s not a gov’t employee to be a project manager. After all, this freelancer does not have any agenda other then completing the project and move to next job.

Wonder how much a freelancer project manager w/ Top Secret Clearance… is $150/hr far fetched?

Do you know the rough figure for freelance project manager hourly rate is? Just curious.

That would be roughly $1000 a day, for a senior project manager with Top Secret on a project that required top secret clearance I wouldn’t say that that is far fetched, probably be closer to $700-$800 a day though.

Do you get freelance managers / directors? I would have thought that someone in-charge of a team would be a member of staff required to be on-site or contracted on a long term basis, especially if their the individual who controls every project going through the business… or maybe I’m missing something :confused:

Say technical/functional manager in suburban area. Only reason I ask is that I’m thinking of becoming technical/functional manager but if the salary is around that much… then I don’t think it’s worth the stress.

If you do the same job but freelance you might be able to treble that.

That sounds about right, if on the high end, for a corporate project manager in these parts.

My neighbour has that job and is on the low end of that and she has to work overtime all the time, travel to other continents for business, etc…

What do you mean by manager? A project manager? A creative director?
I guess it depends on where you live.