How much time will it take to build a fully functional photo selling website?

I just accepted to build a stock photo selling website like dreamstime for a client. He want it to be built within a month. It have Image selling, Album selling, Photo bidding and a whole bunch of features. Not simple. Even the selling is complex. One can buy exclusive rights or smaller sizes which have fixed prices. It’s complex.

Normally, how long will it take to develop a website like this? A right idea?

Itdepends on which programming language and which framework you will use. I’m using Laravel php framework and with that framework I think 1.5-2 months will be needed (user account levels, payments, categories/subcategories, etc…). Its quite big site and needs to be planned properly. My answer is very plain because i dont know the requirements. but what i see on dreamstime is that 1.5 - 2 months are needed for some ready to use version.

1 Like

2 months after planning right? For planning also it takes time :frowning:

I think 2 months including planning. I dont think that planning will take more than 1 week. It is a big application, but not so much big to plan more than 1 week. But again, it is my personal opinion.

1 Like

I’d say you’re looking at several months from beginning planning to go live, but of course that really depends on the exact specification.

With projects like this it’s a good idea to document the build using a gant chart, that way you can estimate how long each stage will take, this is where you need one or more planning meetings with your client.

1 Like

Hi THpubs,

May I ask you whether this project is still open?

Best Regards

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.