How much to charge for changing a website layout colors.. php files ..css

hi guys,

i have this project of customizing a website layout. they have the layout ready and in html but they want changes in the css… menu links… menu background colors… general website colors so that means the links also … changing the site backgound colors… a new logo… footer changes…to remove some images and probably place other images, adn editing some forms that are in php language…

how much to charge so i dont take much or take too little for my job? thankss:)

If you are going to offer a fixed price rather than an hourly rate then the way to work out your quote is to start with your expected hourly rate. Then you estimate how many hours you expect it will take to perform the job. Add on a bit extra for if things go wrong and it takes longer than expected and then multiply that by your hourly rate to come up with a fixed figure. If nothing goes wrong you are ahead by the extra hours you allowed for. If something goes badly wrong it may take longer than you allowed for even including the extra but if you work out your quotes right what you lose on one job you should pick up on the others so that it all averages out to your hourly rate in the end.

I recommend this website, it has a pretty simple but very easy to follow method of working out your hourly rate:

http://freelanceswitch.com/rates/ <<< You should obviously consider anything which may affect your base-rate. :slight_smile:

how about charging per hour? that’s what I used to do for “random” jobs like that.

how much do you charge per hour?

they want a price to start with that’s why i’m asking you guys how much you would think it would cost to make this customizations ,

I might not be up-to-date with Sitepoint’s policies, but at some point it wasn’t allowed to talk about how much we charge individually. Anyway, I’m not in business any more.

Well, think about how much is your time worth.

You might also want to check out freelancer/elance/guru/odesk - the latter listing the per hour rates when clicking on hire.