How Much Traffic Do Forum Signatures Really Generate?

I don’t get much traffic from forum signatures…

I mostly use forum signatures to build dofollow back links to my website.

I don’t think about it much; I do it for the backlinks. Forum posting is not the only way to build links anyway. I do a little forum posting, a little social book marking, directory submission…

I have accounts in other forums as well. I have 2 accounts that has more than 1,000 posts. There’s really no exact figure for me to find out the traffic that it brings me, but i can say that it really helps me too. Just try to make at least 10 posts a day to 5-10 forums in your niche, let’s say for 1 month, and make sure to provide useful and helpful posts, then you will see the improvement when it comes to your traffic.

IT is very difficult to say how much traffic you got by forum signature. But IT is sure you have got a Quality Back links, and a new visitors for your website.

Thanks & Regards

i do completely agree with this as if you posting your comments on fashion and you are providing a link of web development then though you have a nice post yet people will have less tendency to click to it and follow your link. So try to post on a niche topics if you are expecting visitors from forums.

It depends if the contents of your site, are solutions to problems that the users have, because, if it offers solutions, it can generate traffic, but, maybe not much as you would like to. Choose where to use your site link. But it’s more usefull if you are looking for information, that you provide in your website.

Forum signature actually gives you the backlink and keyword ranking. It gives too less trafic. but if you choose related theme forum, then it will be benifitial for you.

Well, I guess I learned something new today :slight_smile:

Maybe it’s just me, but curiosity + ctrl+click in Firefox to open links in new tab means that I actually find some signatures interesting…

Time to learn some more about them and see how I create one :slight_smile:

I know you get a bit.

I do not even get to use a signature here until I’ve been a member for 90 days. So I have a 2 months to go.

What did you mean by “The more reputation you have”?

Charlie (other003)

Forum posts only send referrral traffic to your site. The more reputation you have, the more traffic you get.

Thanks for the responses, sounds like staying loyal never hurts. Staying active, interacting with other people in your business or niche is more valuable than traffic in my opinion but a few clicks here and there can’t hurt.

felgall that is a very good point.

I have account in other webmaster forum
How much it’s generate is depend on how much reputation you have.
Usually high reputation member will get better, their signature will be high exposure.
Besides that, you have to provide good quality posts, so people will look on the signatures

It’s too small to measure. I do get a hundred or so visitors following links to my sites each week from this forum but I expect most of those are following links that are specific answers to thread questions (usually posted by someone else already familiar with my sites) rather than the links in my sig.

Forum signature are helpful to get traffic to your site especially if you able to find relevant for your niche. Since i am enjoying different conversations in the forum, i consider it as a guide since i learned new things to other forum porters and it is a way of discovering new post and new knowledge topics.

It really would be difficult to do that as they do not get that much traffic but still you need to do that. It depends on the forum and the kind of members it has.

It actually would be hard to do that as they do not get that much traffic but still you require doing that. It depends on the forum and the type of associates it has.

it doesn’t matter as long as you do forum posting, because forum posting is listed on marketing avenues to build links