How much would you charge someone for an average Wordpress made website?

I have some people who want me to make their websites for them. I’m trying to determine how much to charge them. After doing some research, I see a wide array of different answers and amounts.

So my question is how much would YOU personally charge someone for you to make a website for them using a Wordpress theme for either their self or their business. Something like this:

or this

www.drsunter.com/

Once you have a pretty good process in place, if you are just uploading a logo, a few pictures, and content for several pages into a theme, sometimes this can be done in an hour or two of work, so potentially the cost could be less than $100. However, little details tend to take more time, so having a little cushion is good, so best to double or triple this if possible. I personally charge by the hour and don’t do flat rate jobs.

You get a variety of answers because there’s no way that someone can tell you $3000 or $100.

To do a proper assesment, there are quite a bit of information that is not here (not that it should be)

Pricing depends on your experience, the amount of work it needs, how long it would take to do this, if it is urgent and you need to work extra hours or not, site profit expectation…

[FONT=verdana]

That’s right. Plus one other major factor: where you (and the client) are located. What might be a reasonable rate in some countries might be exorbitantly high (or ridiculously low) in others.

Mike
[/FONT]

Adding content to an existing template, just takes a few hours for a few hundred bucks. But, it never works that way - clients always want some tweaking, revisions, training, changes. So, now you are up to a few thousand dollars.

The individuals and companies that I know who do really nice work in wordpress seem to charge around $1500 for a quickie template site and anywhere from $2500-$5000 for a ‘real’ site that is custom made. But, there is no way to define ‘a wordpress site’ - it’s so ambiguous and they are all different.

There are actually multiple ways of creating a wordpress site. One would be the already available template route where in you add the template, configure it and simply add content. If that is the case the number of hours involved are less and thus the costing is reduced drastically.

But most clients need a custom design. They provide a design based on which you need to develop a template. So if there is custom coding involved, it would definitely take up a lot of time. It would involve hours of work to get the template output as per the design provided. This increases the cost.

Now a days clients also choose to take the middle path. Find a template similar to what they have in mind and have the template customized. This is a lot cheaper than getting a custom template made and yet gives their business a unique look.

Given all that I could hardly guess any one providing any of the above solutions for less than USD 300. I think any developer given the time one needs to put in to such work would need some basic amount from each work one does. So given the links you have provided look like custom works such work would involve hours of work and hence higher the costing!