How My Site Looks On A Blackberry

Here is the website in question:

LINK-
Tennessee Orthopaedic Clinics | Orthopedics, Surgeons, Surgery, Sports Medicine, Knoxville, East TN, Spine, Knee, Shoulder

I am trying to determine (1) how it looks on the Blackberry device or devices and (2) how to style this site so that it looks accurate on this device.

I have tested the site on an iPhone and it holds up well. But Blackberry users have commented that the site does not look or function well at all on the Blackberry.

Is there an emulator for Mac that can show how the website looks on a Blackberry? And are there CSS tricks that target the Blackberry device?

Todd

Hi,

You can find a number of tools listed here but I haven’t tested any apart from the apple iphone emulator which is a correct emulation of the iphone and not just a screen fit test.

You can test your media queries out here:

ProtoFluid. Rapid Prototyping of Adaptive CSS and Responsive Design.

I’m guessing that your site will be broken on small devices because of the absolute positioning on the wrapper and the silly centring routine you have used. On smaller screens the layout will have slid off the the left and be unreachable.

Change your wrapper to position:relative, remove co-ordinates and then use margin:auto to center it and then it will at least stay in the viewport :slight_smile:

Most of those tools are PC based and, unfortunately in this case, I am on a Mac. Thanks for the resources though, Paul!

Have you had a look on the resources section here as Allan has put together a lot of useful stuff.

Um, you totally want to check out the research of PPK ([noparse]http://www.quirksmode.org/blog/archives/2009/03/testing_mobile.html[/noparse]) because he’s probably tested the most phones and mobile browsers out there than anyone else. And, there are some proprietary browsers who insist on rendering things like crap, and there’s little you can do. But I think keeping tabs and reading the results from PPK’s research will give you a better idea (he might also link to emulators but not sure… and besides, Vodafone gave him like 60 phones to play with… the guy walks around with at least 6 phones with him at all times).