How Often Do You Clean Your PC?

Does it also help to restore some of the memory that is used up on your PC? All of the web browsers just about crash on me, when I have pages up.

(Software)
I’m a linux user and a developer… so I try to keep everything nice, clean, and organized. I’ll reinstall Linux maybe once every year or so… just to keep things fresh. Back when I used Windows, I’d make a fresh install every 6/7 months. (Windows is terrible with handling adware.)

(Hardware)
I used to clean it almost every month back when I lived in a dorm. Those places are terrible with the dust. (I’d literally have a half inch of dust built up on the bottom of my radiator.) Now, I just get my BlowOff and run it over everything real quick whenever I’m sitting at my computer with nothing better to do. lol

It all depends how slow it is working. I almost reinstall it every few years in the beginning but at the end of the lifetime this will become more frquent

Really? Outrageous!

I dust it off once in a while, and run a disk cleanup when it becomes short of space. Other than that, it’s pretty much neglected. But a good computer has to cope with that, do its job and take the abuse. It’s supposed to work, not to be worked for. It’s not some pretty decoration that has to be polished every other day. Argh! :stuck_out_tongue:

once every 2 years for me. oh didn’t you mean how often the pc cleans me out :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont know what cloud computing is anymore actually, I gave up because I am still trying to figure out whats wrong with the one on the ground :confused:

k@topic. Every once in awhile like 3-4 I check the keyboard and CPU fan outlets. If hte CPU fan exhausts are clogged it gets overheated “heat is bad…mmkay” :slight_smile: So I use a small antistatic brush to dust off the holes and windows (you have to get these from computer shops, regular brushes have static on it) . The same brush can be used to dust off the insides once every few weeks (except dont shove it into the circuitry)

The keyboard spaces are the dirtiest disease carriers as of date. You don’t wanna know what grows there if you see it under the microscope >.< So best dust it as often as you can.

Keeping things clean is way more important than ceaning it. Good sites out there that have DIY techniques on this.

For software, yeah its really usage based. But I would advise against using 3rd party cleaning programs like registry cleaners et al.

hope i helped.

heh

You can keep your browser running fast by doing one or more of the stuff I do.
you can google for answers?

1. Remove plugins or (Browser Helper Objects in IE) that you dont really need.
  2. Clear cache, private Data, cookies and History and everything else in between that your browser can clean. Easiest is to set your browser to clear everything on exit.
  3. Don’t visit many heavy flash/2.0 bum sites at the same time.
  4. Clean up your bookmarks (if you can)

More smaller things are there but these are good for me and keep the browser running fresh and fast. All i can think of from the top of my head.