How to Accessibly Rotate Contents with jQuery

Please stop this “you are not a Jedi yet.” thing. I never stated to be an accessibility master, not a ninja, not a Jedi. With this article I’m proposing a better solution to a problem, not a 100% bullet-proof approach. I’ve never said that this solution will make everyone in the world happy, even those with some disease I’ve never heard of. It simply improves the accessibility of a widget that is often used in websites and at least for me, doing something is better than doing nothing.

You say:

this is false. With the normal approach you have hidden links too that you can’t reach with the TAB key or any other key. You have to be lucky enough to focus the link you’re interested in when you press the TAB key. For example if you’re already in the widget focusing a link, you can’t go to another link and you have to start again. It’s like the skeet shooting, you have to calculate the right timing. With the solution I’ve proposed in the article the user can reach the content at any time. So, even if a user has to press the key more times as you said, he/she still can access the links which is an improvement. Maybe not the best solution in the world and that work in every case possible but still an improvement that everyone can achieve with a few lines of JavaScript.

Finally

If you’re talking about timing, yes you are talking about carousels and their usual features of being automated and set to a given speed/timing which causes issue to many people. Once again, this is an issue that affects all the carousels in the world, at least the automated ones with no arrows to change the content. In the article I’m describing these kind of widgets. If the article were titled “How to create an accessible carousel” I’d say you’re right on this point and that I missed it. But what I’m discussing here is different. The problem of carousels isn’t timing, is that they shouldn’t exist at all in most cases.