How to Accessibly Rotate Contents with jQuery

Hi.

Let me reply point by point

If I didn’t want to hear the opinion of other people I had to stop writing, so comments are welcome.

To be honest I have never heard or seen any sighted person navigate a website using the TAB key. I’ve seen people that, like me, use the TAB to move along fields of a form but never to navigate the whole website. I think it’s so hard to navigate through TAB that is basically impossible to do that: so many links, so many focusable elements. If you’re powered by a screen reader at least you can skip some contents and jump from a section to another thanks to heading or by jumping to the main menu, and so on. For a sighted person is so much natural and easier to navigate through the mouse or the arrows. Even more I think that most people ignore this possibility, so I don’t see a real problem here. However, this is just my opinion/experience, so you might have a different experience that suggest you that many users do that which is completely fine.

I don’t agree. This would mean increase the weight of the JavaScript to create a functionality nobody will use (maybe the 0.000001% of the users).

Because of the reasons above I don’t see the need for that. As you said, this is only needed if a developer doesn’t follow my article and wants to implement another technique.

This comment has nothing to do with the article itself, here you’re arguing against carousels (carousels-ish in this case). Many people, including me, know that they aren’t good or effective in most cases and that they should be avoided most of the times. Still, many developers use them and that’s the main topic of the article: let that a website has a carousel-ish thing in place, let’s improve its accessibility".