How to Accessibly Rotate Contents with jQuery

You’ve never heard of sighted users navigating with the keyboard? So you’ve never considered parkinson’s disease, or motor neurone disease, or hand tremors, or stroke-related movement problems, or any of a hundred different conditions that make it difficult or impossible for someone to use a mouse with any degree of precision?

Sorry if that sounds sarcastic, but you’re promoting accessibility at the same time as denying of its principle audiences. It staggers me to hear that. And that you further claim – the fact that most developers ignore this issue means that the problem doesn’t exist – is simply astounding.

I never argued against carousels, I simply pointed out that you have a long way to go before your solution is accessible. You wrote this article to encourage developers to take a more accessible approach to this particular kind of script, but you haven’t actually produced a better solution. It’s better in one way (not resetting focus), but it’s worse in another (hidden links in the tab order), and it’s just as bad in another (no control over the timing).

You have learned much, but you are not a Jedi yet :sunny: