How to add a new button to an existing webpage

Hello everyone,

I’m just wondering if someone can help me out a little bit. I’m a complete novice to web design, but I’m currently spending many hours learning HTML & CSS pretty much everyday (solely for personal interest). I have some basic understanding of HTML and have a question I’m hoping someone can shed some light on.

At my work place, we have an internal site which was created by an ex-employee. I have recently made some contact forms (with help from members on Sitepoint) and I would like to add a new link to the site in the form of a button (Just a nice CSS/HTML one would do nicely!).

Just in case this matters, this is purely from the HTML/CSS point of view as the ‘website’ isn’t actually live, but just contained in a folder on a shared drive and everyone has a short cut on their desktop.

Anyhelp would be much appreciated!

Cheers :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Not quite sure what you mean here.
You can add a button to a web page using the <button> tag.
You can style it by applying a class to it and defining a couple of CSS rules.
E.g.

<button type="button" class="blue">Click Me!</button>
.blue{color: blue;}

If this isn’t what you mean, just let me know.

Thanks for the answer Pullo,

I didn’t really make myself too clear, if its OK, I’ll re-post again tomorrow at work and include the code with some sceenshots to support.

I think mainly its about positioning the button and getting it to be the same as the ones already on the webpage,

Cheers matey

Hi there Johno,

Yup, no problem.
Some code and/or a screen shot would really help.
I’m sure it won’t be too hard to sort out :slight_smile:

Also, if you post back in this thread, I’m subscribed to it, so I’ll be able to hop straight back in.

Using button is one solution. but you can insert the button as image or make it the image like background, use spirit background can help you.

Hello everyone, just reporting back to say I’ve found the solution to my problem! I just placed a HTML button and styled/positioned it using CSS with a hover attribute,

Thanks to everyone who tried to help!

Great site as always.

Glad you got it sorted.
Thanks for taking the time to follow up :slight_smile: