How to attract more users to a website?

I have a website and managed to bring the website name to first few pages of Google. Even though I am trying hard to attract the customers to the website.

The website is just a classifieds site and I’ve left no stone unturned to promote this website like directories submission, all kind of SEO, adding backlinks, writing articles, posting in various forums, creating facebook apps, Google adsense etc.

All I am looking out for the customers and their posts on my website.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Its a corwded niche with too many big players in the market.
Try to offer something unique others arent doing. Based on that keep advertising. It might take years unless you can spend good deal of money.

How to attract more users to a website? First step, understand why a user would want to visit your website. If it’s just like every other directly on the web, thats going to be hard. If it does something unique or if it serves a niche without one solid provider, then you’ve got chance.

But I’d suspect if you’re doing all of the above activity right and none of it’s giving you any traction, chances are you’ve got something more fundamentally wrong.

You can go for online Yellow pages that are practical way to tell apart your web page from competition in your market. The site is regarded well known with clients. Normally, only primary information of your company is indicated. Nevertheless, by using compensated resources, you can significantly obtain exposure online index. Pictures, sound, movie, weblink to your website; you can add these tools in the Yellow pages that may help clients to search you more easily.
<snip>

well its difficult to promote a classifieds site on social networking platforms for the simple reason that people wouldn’t be interested in knowing about it. try making your site different in some way or the other so that people may get intrigued to know about it. If you are keeping your site simple and at the same time expecting a large base of visitors then you probably wrong. Try adding some trivial facts or something in your site to make it look attractive.

There are several ways to go. Some people just buy them, but visitors for sale, even targeted ones, and not efficient enough. Use social networking websites to promote your site and of course some SEO job is required. All in all, website promotion comes with a lot of manual work involved, and it is quite time-consuming, so make sure you are ready for that!

<snip>

Hello!!
I would like to suggest you to follow some tips ,

Write original content
Write comments to other blogs
Be patient
Besides this create a small rumor among your family and friends about your website ,social media is also the one of the best method to attract more and more people…

I agree. The niche is quite generic. Maybe you can think of another bigger niche and just incorporate the concept of classifieds.

To attract more traffic to your site the first you should focus on is content of your site. Please make sure that it is useful, but the issue is what information is useful to readers, You should answer the question what readers need to know from your site?, what your site is talk about? And what is your potential readers you want to aim at?
Your content is to satisfy your potential readers’s requirement.

first thing, if you are doing off page submissions make sure that the submissions on a relevant website.otherwise,it will be marked as a spamming.
Second thing,To increase traffic for your website do SMO for your website.invite your friends to see the pages.

goodluck

[FONT=Verdana]As the OP hasn’t returned to this thread in over a month, I think we can safely assume they’ve either found a satisfactory answer or lost interest.

Thread closed.[/FONT]