How to attract visitors to sign up and join the community

Hello

i am wondering what is the perfect method to follow or to apply in order to have some new members signing up and join my community , not to mention my traffic has been increased from less than 9000 visits to 12200 visits in the beginning of June

Best Regard

Tarekitsme,

I suppose it would depend on what your community/website is all about and what people have to do to become a part of it. I would say that in general, there has to be a reason for people to go there. Whether that be good content, advice on a forum, tools, etc, there has to be something.

Maybe you can find some tips here,

Hope that helps,

Shawn

There a lot of techniques can be used here and they are varied. They ranged from SEO to paid advertising. I don’t believe there is a perfect method. It all depends on you. But I believe the very first thing you need to do is to provide quality content in your website. Then you can start promoting something online.

Start on research. Have a deeper understanding of your niche. Then know what piqued the interests of the people you are serving under that niche. Then produce a content that is relevant to your niche and address the needs of your prospects.

will do that , i wanna thank you so much for taking time reading my thread and replying to it
much appreciated your efforts :slight_smile:
Best Regard

thanks lot for paying attention to my thread , i really got the hint from your reply ,thanks a lot,yes i just need to improve the quality of my content as much as possible before moving to the step of expecting people to join the community

Much appreciated Your Efforts
Best Regard

Best process is to advertise in major website or portal websites.Till Google and Facebook advertising their services in different websites for tracking new members.

hello thanks for your reply ,
could you explain more about what you mean with advertise in Major site ?
i am currently sharing a few members content i have on 3 large sites : facebook, twitter,linkedin automatically ,is this what ya mean thanks

Best Regard

thanks for this tip :slight_smile:

Best Regard

Research your niche’s competitors, see what they have and what you dont and what would you like to see in their sites - what is missing, and do it for your own site. The perfect method doesnt exist, what something works for some, won`t work for others and everything changes day by day. You have to keep trying, and you will get results in time, with dedication and hard work. Good luck!

thanks a lot for your reply :slight_smile:
will do that

Go through SEO strategy make on-page optimization and off page optimization like article submition,blog creation and postin,Forum posting,You can go through Social site like Facebook,Twitter,Google+,Pinterest.com etc.These all process gives you high Page ranks flow on your site.

hey thanks for the reply,i am doing all these tips and tools and i have my site linked in more than 10 social networking,i need to make visitors engaged to sign up and become active members , i aint complaining ,but i am alone on this point,only me n another member’s helping me,i wish if at least i got like 10 members to push up the site to more activities ,i have 1880 unique visitors,i know it is not that much but its all SELF MADE ,personal efforts,thanks :slight_smile:

Best Regard

I would stick to a concept “optimize for people but not for search engines”.
The more expertise you provide for your visitors the more trust you gain.
Frequent updates on a major topic will be a good sign for visitors to come back and see what’s new.
You may also offer a piece of valuable content for them as an opt-in opportunity. Ebook on a topic will be a good pitch.

Hey Tarekitsme,

It would really help if you could give us more information on what your community site is all about, since there are different methods to target different niche areas. Assuming your community site is about information sharing (e.g. forums), you may want to entice your visitors to sign up with a free ebook (with quality targeted information that you think will be beneficial to its readers).

Otherwise, giving them an offer/discount to a partner business may also be a good idea since people are generally attracted to offers. However, you would have to source for businesses related to your community site for maximum effect.

Hope this helps! Good luck with your community site and let us know how it goes. :slight_smile:

Interesting topic, I am often struggling with this too when starting new projects but this is what I have learned until now:

1. Go to where your audience is: Join forums, groups on social networks and othr places online and offline where your target audience meets.
  2. Build a good reputation there: Answer questions, help your potential visitors and show that you are an expert wanting to be helpful, not a spammer or a money-hungry person who dosn’t know much about the topic.
  3. Know their needs: By looking at he questions asked and topics talked about, you have a better view of what your audience wants and needs. This should be the topics you base your website content on.
  4. Leave a link: Now that you know what your audience needs and after building a good reputation, find places where it is allowed or even appreciated to leave a link to your site. Many people from the group may now know and trust you so they could sign up very quickly.

Example: As I launched a German webmaster blog a few months ago, I went to a popular German webmaster forum and answered questions there. Then I wrote tutorials based on the things other members wanted to know. As the blog was launched, I had enough posts and reputation to post my link in the “ask for feedback” section of that forum. In the first few days I got over 40 active visitors just from that site.

I hope I was helpful.

You can try by offering something for free like a report or ebook as a reward to all who join.