How to be a Great Online Community Member

Very good article, let us hope the people who should pay attention to it do. It seems that only the regulars seem to read rules :slight_smile:

Great article. I never thought that I could upload images instead of links. Thatā€™s good to know!

It is a good topic which benifit me.
1.A great title is vital because itā€™s the only part of your post that people see when theyā€™re skimming down the list of new posts;
2.use the resources that are available to your best advantage;
3.following the rules and not getting banned

The best thing is to say thank you when some one has helped you.

This is worth reading for both new members and veterans. I liked the point about adding a smiley to take the bite out of a post that you fear my be taken as having a negative tone. Itā€™s clear that Sitepoint cares about the community, they take the time to look after it, and that is why I am here. :slight_smile:

I think Sarah ā€˜The Hawkā€™ Taylor nailed it when she wrote ā€œThe key points to remember are to be patient, supportive, and politeā€.

Itā€™s a great post - Iā€™d say number one is simply to be helpful. If you donā€™t have the above qualities you wonā€™t be much help to anyone even if are amazingly brilliant.

Wow. What an epic! But well written ā€¦ there are some very good points there. Actually some of the sections would make excellent thread openers to start a discussion (eg What can I do to make you like me? or The Internet is Forever)

Bookmarked!!! Thanks :slight_smile:

Great article! Iā€™m going to add it to my sig. And I may even reread it a few times.

Hereā€™s a phrase I would teach my callers for tech support on computersā€¦the only stupid question is the one NOT asked :slight_smile: