How to be featured on top Biz Journels

Dear Experts,
Since last one month I am trying hard to get featured on top Biz & design journals such as mashable, entrepreneur,Smallbizjournel, Forbes etc. But after a lot of efforts I am not being able to establish contact with them, I mean not getting replies from them.
Is there any specific method to get in touch with them? I understand they might be getting lots of emails daily for similar requests! Looking for expert advice…

I have no prior experience of getting myself featured on the publications that you have listed. The closest that I got was mentions of my blog posts by influencers such as Mari Smith and [URL=“https://plus.google.com/+GuyKawasaki/posts/8feiipqpBgo”]Guy Kawasaki.

Personally, I think that instead of constantly pitching the publications to have your content featured, try spending more time crafting high quality content for your own blog or smaller blogs within your industry. Sometimes, in order to stay away from the huge echo chamber happening online these days, the writers and editors may be subscribed to these smaller blogs to find quality content by lesser-known authors which they can share with their followers.

At the same time, try to interact with writers and editors of these publications on the various social media platforms. Leaving a constructive comment on their articles or blog posts does help to leave a positive impression too.

Phillip,

Wayne has some good suggestions. Especially about interacting with key people on their social networks. Just like you mentioned, these people probably get tons of solicitations for putting content on their site. You have to find a way to be heard and stand apart from the others. Maybe you could make a compelling video to grab their attention or something of that nature.

Maybe you can find some tips here,

Best,

Shawn