How to be more interactive without Social Media

thumbs up!

Moderation can take a decent amount of time especially when you handle a handful of sites at a time. I figure the ratio of spomments to genuine comments is 9:1. There are one liners, and even paragraph long mindless “yada, yada” that will give you he impression that the person who posted it actually read and appreciate your post.

So if you prefer comments over Facebook likes, Tweets, etc. Then Disqus is a great resort. :slight_smile:

Hi Debbie,

“Great content” really is king and the amount of it is also important if you want to get noticed sooner or even at all. Why do you feel like puking when you hear “Check out our website on Facebook and ‘friend us’”? Why are you so against social media? I’m afraid there is not much you can do to get noticed without social media.

However, in answer to your question, I would say you can probably have some form of contest or an interesting free ebook with an enticing topic. Even then, you will need to market it!

All the best!

“If we all treat each other like we treat ourselves - what a wonderful place earth would be.”

I still believe that content can go a long way in making or breaking your website. You want to have information on your site that attracts visitors. The type of content you use, will depend on your target market. Some targeted groups will want to read articles or even news entries. There are others who will be looking for a forum with good content where they can learn from others and share their own experiences. There might be some individuals who like to be able to take interactive quizzes on a website to help them learn more about products or services they need. There are many types of content you can use to make your site interesting. Also, many prospective clients are going to be people who use social networking. This is not something to count out even if you yourself are not big on social networking sites.

Disussions and interactions in a community increases awareness about your site and products/services. It can be in the form of forums or social networks or blog commenting.

I have to back up BradKCulp on his comments. I’ve done a lot of work in the last 12 years of being in business, and content quality is the single most underrated aspect of any project. Sometimes convincing clients to re-write their content to be better suited for the web is like pulling teeth from an angry alligator!

Cheers,
Brent

If you are trying to convince clients to write for the web, you are doing it wrong. How many TV producers, radio stations, or other marketing experts do you suppose ask their clients to write their own content? When web developers start making content a part of their package, the Internet will be a better place. If you don’t have the skills to write excellent content for your clients, how many of those clients do you suppose have those skills? If you don’t have the skills, outsource the content to someone that does.

Some targeted groups will want to read articles or even news entries. There are others who will be looking for a forum with good content where they can learn from others and share their own experiences. There might be some individuals who like to be able to take interactive quizzes on a website to help them learn more about products or services they need. There are many types of content you can use to make your site interesting

<snip/>

MSN also is very active, and some questions and answers web site.

<snip>

Could you please define ‘interactive’? Maybe before getting into a ‘social vs no social’ debate, I’d like to fully understand your objective.

Try reading through the whole thread instead of just the headline. After that, you should begin to understand what DoubleDee means by Interactive.