How to become a good freelancer?

I want to be a good freelancer but i dont know how to do it…so can anybody give me some suggesition?

For becoming a good freelancer you need to show case your work to your client and then pass some skill te4st and certification exams to get the trust of the clients who visit your profile for the same

here are some tips below:

1. Be a good writer.
  2. Be comfortable communicating
  3. Be prepared for a lot of self-discipline and good money management
  4. Set a goal and keep working in the meantime

Good communication skills, Good knowledge, and confidence are necessary things for freelancer.

Keep a tight plan for work: This doesn’t imply that I have the freedom of working in the hours that I set for work. Actually, I sometimes get to work when I need to. Be that as it may I attempt to adhere to a base work achieved criteria for my day. Assuming that I have accomplished that, I enjoy in some fun as an afterthought, such as staring at the TV or having an unanticipated night in bunk.

Be a good writer.
Be comfortable communicating.
Realize that turning a creative passion into a job can dampen your enthusiasm.
Balance the joys of working alone with soaking up the vibes from being around other people.
Become active in the planned community.
Set a goal and keep working in the meantime

I recommend having at least one project of your own inspiration and creativity that showcases the best of what you have to offer. Something that is very well thought-through, original, showy, and doesn’t appear to be slopped together in a quick and dirty fashion. Something highly technical and custom in design that you can brag and talk about.

The reason why is because it will say a lot about your intelligence, your style of doing things, and will be a testament to the quality of your work.

It also serves as a safety-net to protect yourself from having your hard-earned clients from being stolen by the competition. Thats a lesson I learned the hard way. I was once approached by a technology-solutions business stating that they had need of another developer, and they were offering a very attractive hourly rate. They wanted to know my usual rates and wanted to see examples of my work. Foolishly, I gave them both over thinking I had scored a new client. But to my dismay, they then turned around and solicited their services to my client base at a reduced rate lower than my own. I was furious and embarrassed to have been suckered by a false interviewing process, and going after them legally just wasn’t an endeavor worth going to the trouble of doing. But today when asked to provide my portfolio, I offer to show interested parties my own projects (I have a few). That keeps me safe from giving customers to masquerading competitors, and it satisfies the authentic ones who rightfully deserve to see the quality of my work before making a hiring decision.

Is corruption and dirty practices that prevalent with remote online freelance work?

Sent from my XT316 using Tapatalk 2

I’m not sure how prevalent it is, but I can say that its not something I’m ready to just standby and let happen to me again.

It never really occurred to me until after it happened, but just use common sense:

All one would do have to do is post false gigs on classified websites touting very attractive (inflated) hourly rates and state that they are open to hiring a remote freelancer but require that all applicants provide their usual rates and their portfolios. That would effectively bring in a flood of applicants, and aggregately you’d then have a list of businesses that you know are potentially open to hiring remote freelance developers, plus you’d have an idea of what kind of rates they’re accustomed to paying for the work. There’s another name for such information: they’re called “business leads”.

If you want to be successful freelancer, first choose a site then join any freelancing site. Keep patient and be sincere.

If you really want to be a good freelancer, you need to be really well versed when it comes to your online searching and tracking skills. It is very important for the person trying to be a good freelancer to be good when it comes to engaging and communicating with different people who are involved in this field of online studies and learning. This is one way through which freelancing can become an engaging as well as an effective and learning habit for every one <snip />

Can any body tell me how can I fixed my freelancing job?

Why, is it broke? :wink:
Just kidding! Could you please explain your question a bit more? I’m not quite sure how a freelancing job can be fixed?

Good quality connection capabilities , Nice information , and also determination are needed items for freelance worker .

Patience is the most important thing in freelancing. When you give your first bid to any project, be prepared that you have very less chance of getting the project. Keep patience and keep bidding until you hit up with your first project. After getting some good five star reviews from your clients, you will get more money out of your every bid. :smiley:

Here is a list which would help you:

1. Always produce Quality work
  2. Chase up clients who’ve forgotten about you
  3. Invoice them once their work is done
  4. Suspend clients account who’ve not paid you
  5. Fire clients after 2/3 months of non-payment
  6. Always support your clients and charge for this support
  7. Don’t overcharge, charge reasonably
  8. Be willing to turn your back on a prospect who is not prepared to pay anything, or who demand a million dollar system for a fraction of the price.

Being a freelance worker indicates a lot of independence to strategy your day at perform. Being your own manager you need to be excellent at creating guidelines to be successful. Following are some guidelines which will help you to be a excellent freelancer:

The first step is make your business plan and write down this on paper. This will give you many advances and definitely be worh the extra work.
Plan your day ahead.
Use free software. It will help you to save a lot of costs without necessarily having to give up a lot of functionality.
Learn to say no.
Create a blog or website.
update your website regularly.
Use social media to promote your blog or website.
Be creative and reward every client. Treat every client as he is the only one .

I hope these tips will help you to be a good freelancer.

I’ve used freelancer, but to be honest the pay is the pits. I’ve found a good employer on there and do occasional work for her, other than that I don’t touch them now. Bids are waaaaaay too low!

We’ve published quite a few articles about freelancing over the last few years. Some of these may be of use to you. :slight_smile:

Honesty is the best policy!

Be honest with what you can bring in to the table. Don’t make promises you can’t keep. It’s usually the simple stuffs. You have to be able to get and build that trust from your clients. This is the most important.

Communication plays a vital role. Get things clear and straight before doing any project. Be sure you and your client are in the same page.

I know its not easy. You will have to write down all your skills there. A lot of home work has to be done before going for it as you will have to be in contact with clients directly. Will have to show your keen interest in the projects posted by various clients. It takes a lot of time to gather points, reviews and reputation there so that you can get projects easily. You need to be honest there for your skills and pricing as it really affect others.