How to change Cpanel password with FTP Password?

How to change the Password of my FTP ?
I know how to change the pwd. of cPanel, but I don’t know how to change the pwd. of FTP ?

And sorry for wrong question. :slight_smile:

It’s been a while since I used cPanel, but as I remember it, the FTP password is set from within cPanel. AFAIK you can’t change the cPanel password using FTP. If you need to change it and are having problems, you could try asking support.

I couldn’t understand your question. You mean changing the Cpanel password via FTP?

You will need to contact your host, if you have lost the password for your Cpanel.

Here’s a little blurb :p.

1. Using your CPanel username you can also access FTP.

2. If you create an additional FTP account, using that you cannot login to CPanel.

3. You cannot change your CPanel Password using FTP!

To Change CPanel Password

I think the OP has confused a little bit.

if you lost your cpanel pass, contact your host, they can reset it in like 10 seconds or less :slight_smile:

You cannot change the FTP account on it’s own. Your FTP username and password are always the same as your Cpanel username and password unless you create additional users.

Thanks

Hello yvv47,

If you need to change the password for your cpanel than you will need to contact your hosting provider, in case you have the administrator login, you can do it from the same.

Also, if you need to change the password for particular FTP account you can get it done from your cPanel:)

Thank you.

Thanks HOST.co.in :slight_smile: