How to check SEO results

Hey Folks,

I’ve spent a good deal of time lately trying to get my website on Google’s first page for the keywords I’m targeting.

The thing is - I’m now wondering if I’m going about checking the results of my efforts correctly. I’ve simply been making adjustments, then googling my target keywords and checking where my page/s show up in the results. It now occurs to me, however, that the results I’m getting may be skewed. Since Google keeps track of my location, browsing history and who knows what all, the results I get may not match the results my prospects get for the same search.

If this is correct, then how do I go about checking where my website really stands in the search results?

Thanks for any light you can shed,
jcmcobra

Hi jcmcobra, i am completely agree with you that is a big issue which is face by many people but i think there are many tools available on the internet which you can use for checking ranking for your website. some of these tools are completely free and some of them paid but you can download a trial version and then check if it works better then you can buy a monthly subscription plan but always remember one thing that there is no tool in the world which can give you 100% accurate results whether its paid or free tool. SEOmoz, Web CEO and Rank tracker are some of the well known tools which are used to check ranking for websites.

you can use online analytics or to install google webmaster tools

The easiest way is to install a different browser that you then don’t ever use to access your Google account, but that you only use for searching. When you carry out searches, “look but don’t touch”, don’t click on the results. That way you should be able to keep the browser “clean” and not give Google any clues as to what sites you want to see at the top.

Google analytic, webmaster and other online tools are available to check your website stats rankings for your keywords, i would suggest you to use these tools because it will reduce your efforts and save your time to check all t his manually for your website, saving that time you can use the time to spent in other important techniques to improve your website rankings in Google.

I completely agree with that. But keep in mind too that your results will depend in part on which Google site you use. In other words, you’ll get different results from google.com, google.co.uk, google.ca, etc.

One benefit of Google Webmaster Tools is that it optionally aggregates the results from all Google sites throughout the world.

Mike

I have heard that you can also get different results on your efforts as to if you are or are not signed into Google. Don’t sign in and use a different browser. Also, consider using Hootsuite to track your results. It is a paid service but the cost is minimal in light of the time you spend trying to figure out how to best optimize your social media efforts. Myventurepad has a list of free ones to use and the article is current from April of this year.

That’s a clever, yet simple solution. Good thing I always keep a virgin browser handy. Of course, I’ll probably still get ‘localized’ results.

What a conundrum!

Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools – hmm. I haven’t used these. If you can point me in the right direction, I’ll figure out the rest.

check backlinks thats your main seo result.You can check that from google webmaster tool or by using some other online tool.You can also check using link:yoursite.com.Beside that you can make a analytics account to track the result of benifit of seo.

You can use free keyword rank checker like MySEOBook rank checker, using this application you will be able to see where your site stands for that particular keyword.

This is really a big deal how to analyze and monitor the work done for the website is effective or not.Is it really giving impact on the keywords ranking of the site.So i suggest:rolleyes: some good tools for analysis, hope it is useful for you:-
*Alexa
*google analytics

• google Webmasters tool
    *SEO moz
    *myseobook
    *compete
    *bizinformation

:):rolleyes:

Many rank tracking tool in the internet is available. You can check rank using them. But to me checking SERP ranking through Google Webmaster Tool account is the best. This is the most accurate and authentic process. There you will find all the keywords in which your site is ranking.

Ok, i ll help you out , they are pretty easy to use, simple and easy user friendly tools.

As a matter of fact, the issue has me wondering something: Some of you guys are probably SEO pros. How do Marketing/SEO companies go about proving to their clients that they’ve delivered the goods?

To check SEO result you can use tools like Google Analytics and webmaster tool. Google Analytics is one of the best tools that can be used to track and monitor the traffic performance of your site. It is necessary that you keep track of the performance of the site in search engines so that rankings can be increased. With the help of Google Analytics, it is possible to gain information on the way visitors visit the site and interact with it.

All the tools mentioned are great. But you also need to give changes time to take affect. Although content changes are cached pretty quickly, the actual rating change can take up to 3 months (or more). It’s often best to move away from too much “fine tuning” for SEO and focus on quality content and your market. These two things combined (quality content + market direction) will after time, see your ranking, rating and traffic numbers increase. Keep building and review every few months, not every few weeks.

But the OP is specifically asking about checking their keyword ranking position (SERP) not their backlinks?

I use “free monitor for google” but there are plenty of other options.

Three months for changes in SERPs? Mine can change daily - are you maybe referring to PR?

I’m not sure what “online analytics” is - do you mean Google Anaytics? If so then I don’t know how you can use either GA or GWT to check actual SERP, could you explain please?

I am using Google Analytics and google webmaster tool for tracking seo results .here i am getting information like traffic and visitors coming to my sites, backlinks , bounce rate etc.Google analytics and google webmaster tool are really very nice tool.

Yes, I realized it would take time for Google to clear its cache of old versions and for the changes I made to “kick in”, and I was under the impression that there was no way of knowing how long that would take. This is a another can of worms that needs to be opened and thoroughly thrashed out.

How certain are you of the 3 month window you mention?