How to connect an existing database in asp.net MVC

I have developed ERP application using classic ASP.net ,Sql server as a database with extensive use of stored procedures for business rules.ERP has 250 tables and around 500 stored procedures

I want to convert the same ERP to asp.mvc pltform and want to use the existing tables,stored procedures.

Please guide into the matter.
Thanks so much !

MVC is just a web technology, it won’t affect your underlying database operations. You should be able to access your database the same way you access in ASP.Net. Revert if you need more help…

When you said “classic asp.net” did you mean a prior version of “.net” or “classic ASP”? While the above poster is correct that you shouldn’t have to change your database in any way, moving from asp to asp.net can, if you wish to the newer libraries and objects over old ado, make a difference. For the latter (upgrading from prior version) there is no real change.

According to me Here is an article on MSDN talking about How to: Read Connection Strings from the Web.config.

You have a section almost at the top in your Web.config called connectionstrings, it could look something like this:

<connectionStrings>
<add
name=“NorthwindConnectionString”
connectionString=“Data Source=serverName;Initial
Catalog=Northwind;Persist Security Info=True;User
ID=userName;Password=password”
providerName=“System.Data.SqlClient”
/>
</connectionStrings>

<snip />