How to convert flash movie (SWF) for YouTube

Hi,

I have some flash movies in swf format that I am looking to put on YouTube. Does anyone know the best way to go about this without losing quality.

Thanks!

Depends on what the swf contains. If the swf is an animation i.e tweened shapes, movieclips and graphics, then from flash you can output this to a video instead of a swf. This could be a QuickTime or .avi and you would want to do this at a high quality, as YouTube will recompress this to various formats with an attendant generation of quality loss. If you do not have the original .fla source file you might be able to decompile one from the swf.

If the swf contains a video, then you should ideally go back to the source of the video and use that rather than transcode the swf to an interim format for upload, which will then result in 3 generations of quality loss including the one that placed the video inside the swf.

I agree above. I’ve tried that before but it was my friend who uploaded the video on Youtube.

SWF to Youtube Converter can free convert SWF to Youtube Video which can easily convert SWF to FLV video compatible on Youtube and any other web video sites.

Besides, this professional SWF to Youtube Converter can perfectly convert Flash projector EXE file and SWF to Flash video in formats of FLV and any other video formats like AVI, WMV, MOV, MP4, MPEG, etc with no problem.

With SWF to Youtube Converter, you can easily edit your SWF videos before convert to Youtube video such as capture any frame, rip any segment of video/audio part from the source file, add watermark, batch conversion, etc

Try the powerful SWF to Youtube Converter to upload your SWF videos to Youtube or your Blog for sharing with friends, have a try right now!
<snip/>

Thanks everyone.

This thread is old and the OP hasn’t returned so it’s safe to say they have found the answer.

Thread Closed