How to convert PSD to WP?

Hi everyone! I need your advice. I don’t have extended knowledge about HTML, I know just basics. And it’s too hard and killing to code. I have inspiration and I’d like to design with pleasure not making boring work. Can you advise me any tool or maybe software that can convert my PSD to WordPress theme? Any ideas? Waiting for your help.

I agree with Felgall. I can code HTML and CSS, but I think I would have plenty of trouble making a Wordpress theme. Get someone who specifically makes themes and has plenty of Wordpress experience. This likely isn’t something that just learning HTML and CSS yourself will be enough for you (in my opinion).

Actually, Wordpress themes are are simple as they come.
I’m sure you would be able to create one, they are just HTML templates with some embedded <?php ?> blocks which you can just leave where they are.

slice you psd in photoshop and use html editor like mention above or dreamweaver, frontpage.

I would highly discourage using a WYSIWYG editor to convert a PSD into a web format, it’s like taking one step forward, two steps back. If you find that coding is too hard and you want to get something that will do the job professionally… outsource the work and hire a professional, there’s no tool that can look at an image and instantly know the right element for the right job. Coding is a task intended for humans that understand context and meaning, not for a machine that will simply patch things together in an unprofessional manner which is unwieldy and poorly constructed just to try and emulate the structure generically. :slight_smile:

Perhaps the simplest solution is to hire someone who creates WP templates to create it for you. Since you have the PSD you can show them approximately how the pages are supposed to look so that all they’ll need in addition to that to be able to actually create a template for you is some samples of content.

Splashh: that’s not a plugin, that’s human beings coding a wordpress theme from your PSD. That can be done well, depending on the skill of the coders.

A plugin, though, is a “stupid” piece of code. It can’t possibly know semantics.

Thanks for replies! Maybe you can advise me some tutorials?

http://convertpsdtowp.com/ - here is the link where everything is describd step by step

there are quite a few psd to wp companies now that do this for you for next to nothing, might be worth considering…

Notepad++. Does beautiful, if manual, conversions.

The purpose of HTML is to mark up semantics and structure – what things are.
A PSD comp is just an image that shows how something looks.

You can’t convert from appearance to semantics. That’s like asking for software that can convert pop songs into architectural plans for a building.