How to convince of my client for Facebook Marketing effectiveness?

I hope you all know about the fact that - Its so hard to convince client to launch Facebook platform as marketing platform. Please help me to convince my client to utilize Facebook as marketing channel ?

You haven’t explained much of anything for us to help you argue… What does your client do? What are the objections? Goals? Is there a team to execute on a plan?

show your client how facebook marketing can help generate more revenue in his/her business.

William,

I have found one of the most effective ways to convince a prospect of the value of social media is to show them how others have had success. Try and find some case studies (either someone else’s or some of your own from past clients).

The tough part with most clients is breaking down everything you know and applying it to a business scenario that a prospect can see value in. Most business owners don’t know what click through rates, promoted posts, fangating, engaging customers or social reach really are. Show them how a business used certain activities to get the attention of prospects and turn them into paying customers.

As Ted points out though, your strategy will depend on what your customer’s goals are. If they are trying to increase revenue you may want to show them scenarios where the platform was used to drive traffic to a landing page on a website. If their goal is to develop brand awareness, you would change your strategy accordingly.

Here are some more ideas for you,

Hope that helps,

Shawn

Create a Powerpoint presentation about facebook and its impact on local business.

There are various social media stuff available on forums such as warrior forum.

It includes presentations, brochures, business cards to show you as a perfect social media expert.

It also depends on the kind of business someone has whether facebook will be useful for them.

You can also show them examples on how their competitors are using facebook and other social media sites to engage customers.

Most importantly, you need to show them conversions that facebook traffic gets converted into potential customers for a business.

You can also include in your presentation the latest researchers about the effectiveness of Facebook as a marketing tool, how does it work and possible solutions how to maximize the use of FB. You can also include how many people are now using FB in different regions/area/country.

Hi;

You can simply explain the value of facebook for his business.
As it very easy and latest way to promote business also it is very famous in people.

It is their business and the decision ultimately comes down to their preferences. You can’t change much without their approval. My only advice is to compile some data (pretty darn convincing data) that shows how effective Facebook marketing can be. Show them what their business can be (in terms of traffic or etc) in 3 or 6 months with Facebook marketing.

Just tell your client that Facebook gives access to 1 billion potential customers, lol

Find out their audience demographic. There is no use if the client’s business revolves around older and less socially engaged people.

Present a case study. If you do not have one for your client, why dont you show your own Facebook brand page. Sometimes we need to sell to clients the old fashioned way. If you are selling hats and you dont have a model, wear the hat for the customer and convince them that if it suits you it would suit them as well.

Makes sense, but older people tend to have children and grandchildren who want to take care of their grandma and grandpa - you can still use social network to push it.
Pay attention - in many ads that target elder population, they have children being displayed as well…

Children and grandchildren may manage their grand- dad and mom’s Facebook profiles but i doubt if they will be willing to go through every post and ad on their profiles regularly. Even if they did it, it would be like hitting way beyond the bullseye (target business reach). If the business takes on SMO with in-house staff it may be worth a shot, but I dont think ones with such customer demographic would invest on an SEO (or SMO) company for Facebook marketing.

Yeah, guess you’re absolutely right for paid advertising it’s not going to work.
What about the elder people’s communities? Can you target those?

If there are communities or forums like these, yes they can be targeted for businesses that focus on the senior citizens. One can also go for blog marketing and target children and grandchildren looking for more information on say for example elder care services. In this case, the website rendering the service must have a blog or publish blogs on quality sites such as squidoo.com and hubpages.com that appear in search.

There are more chances of a concerned son or daughter looking for information for their parents on search rather than on Facebook.

Well, there are quite a few communities for elder people on Facebook.
Anyway, thanks for good answer - guess we’re a little bit off-topic here.

Maybe thread starter can give some insights into the product category at least?