How to count page views

Hi,
I am developing a website for some 11th and 12th graders of my region. The planning is to make a detailed online test platform to the kids for free. But at the same time I am planning to generate some revenue by placing advertisement. There are eight web pages for different purposes. The last one is for the exams. Since a new question is asked every time the user hits next or skipped. Since I am thinking about a new ad for every question being asked, can you help me how to count the page views properly.

1 Like

It looks as I have asked either a trivial question or a very difficult one. Please help.

Hi @Ashfaq08,

You might not have received any answers because your question is in the PHP section, but it doesn’t sound like it’s particularly related to PHP.

Are you looking for something like Google Analytics, or did you want to build something yourself? If you’re not looking for a PHP-specific answer, let me know and I’ll move your question to a different category so more people can see it.

1 Like

Thanks for your attention.

It seems to me that this is a marketing issue. Although I know the issue is bit technical. I know as a student of PHP, this is a PHP issue for my project as PHP is the server side scripting language I am using along with MySQL.

At the same time I have a simple solution of making a txt file or a table in mysql for keeping the record of number of page refresh (simply incrementing a counter and storing it.) But i want to know the multiuser behaviour in such cases.

I know google analytics is available. It free for first 10million page views. But what if a project goes beyond that limit? I am a new and I do not want to imagine right now about 150 grams.

Now if you can pleas help, I will be grateful

Regards.

I’ll let you in on a secret — we use the free version of Google Analytics here at SitePoint, and we’ve gone way beyond 10M pageviews :slight_smile:

The 10 million pageview limit is just what they’ll display in a single view (after that, GA starts sampling the data). The free version is more than adequate for virtually every site out there that doesn’t have a full-time data team to analyse the extra results from premium GA.

I tend to agree — I’ll move this over to Marketing where other people can chime in.

1 Like

Now I got the real point of “10 million views in one view” concept.

Many thanks again Ohelie.

I will definitely go for GA.

Best Regards

1 Like

Google Analytics is the best thing to keep an eye on the traffic of your website. It will keep you informed with everything related to your traffic and you can adjust your link building and other SEO plan accordingly to be more successful with your website.

Hi,
I recommend Google analytic to count your page views. Also use the option Inpage Analytic in Google analytic. That will give you more information about the page. Use ad-sense to place ads on your site to generate revenue.

I am giving you some tips to get report of your page views:

1. Google analytic,

2. Generate html Code from this Website & count the page views

3. Another website which can help you to count your page views at free of cost.

1. Wordpress Plugin will also help you over this etc etc…
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.