How to create a background image repeats...? What size?

I have this background image that I’m trying to position in the background. I’m not sure what size I need to set the image in Photoshop or how to get this right. I need it to where if a user zooms in our out, the background image will continue to repeat. Please take a look at the image over at my site to see what I’m talking about.

http://miengraphics.com

I’m still in the process of designing the website. So there may be some changes here and there with random 1px red border to help out.

Which image do you mean? If the image can repeat/tile, it doesn’t need to be very big at all. Even 20px x 20px is sometimes fine. Depends on the image, though.

I’m talking about the horizontal spiral along with the vector icons… Do I need a very big image so when people zoom out it doesn’t get cut off?

At the moment, your intro div has a fixed width, so repeating the image wouldn’t change the current appearance (much). The image isn’t quite ready for repeating yes, as the ends don’t match up, but perhaps that could be changed. If you want the image to repeat across the screen, you’ll need to perhaps put it on the <header> instead (which shouldn’t really have the intro part in it, I’d say, but that’s another issue).

We’d need to know a bit more about how you want this to look. If you are going to repeat the image across the screen, you’ll want to detach the bit at the bottom of it, I’d think.

The image is the one located in the div=‘intro’ tag. I tried to have it repeat but didn’t know how. I found out by modifying it in photoshop through offsetting the background image that it repeats when zoomed out. It’s not perfect but it does the job for now. Thank you, Ralph.

Cool, nice work. It looks good. :slight_smile: