How to create a hyperlink to a page with an expandable menu already expanded?

I want to create an HTML hyperlink to this page, but I want to make sure that when a user clicks on the link, the first menu (Part I) is already expanded (so that the user doesn’t have to go to the trouble of performing another click). Is this possible?

I’d be asking “what expanding links” – but that’s probably because it’s broken here with the area to click on not lining up with the expanding image in FF and it not even working in Opera.

Though that’s typical of most .gov addresses these days where they go “Accessibility, what’s that?”

Since I can assume that the page you are linking to is NOT yours, and as such you can’t change it, it is unlikely that it’s possible to do what you are asking. That useless .GOV address’ script appears to have no hooks for passing requests via GET, and you’d need to be able to edit their script to do it.

Though if that .gov page is yours, we need to have a little talk about the ADA.

I’d say this is really an issue with the page itself rather than the link. If you want all visitors to see that tab open, then you need to modify the JS for that page.

EDIT: o, right, it’s not liley to be your page.

no that’s not my page. i was just using it as an example of a site with an expanding/collapsing menu.

It’s not possible unless the person has programmed the functionality into the website’s javascript using hash tags (for example /BankruptcyForms.aspx#panel1). It can be done fairly simply if it’s your website.

In this case, it doesn’t seem to be possible. The “links” you click to expand the dropdown isn’t even a valid hyperlink - it’s a list item with javascript click detection. Considering they didn’t program it with the right mark-up, chances are slim.