How to download files on a local and on a server in the Network?

Hello!

I need to upload files to these files could download other people from my site. At the moment I have only a local server. I am not a paid hosting (my site is still on the local server). One is whether to first download the files to a local server, or it must be on the Network? If there is such a possibility, as the load on the local server, you can download files from the local server to server in the Network?

Please explain theme of download files on a different server!
I am a beginner programmer.

Thanks in advance.

In order to be able to dowload/upload from/to any computer, of course, you need to be in the same network somehow (if not directly, then a router or bridge should connect you to a second network)

So if you want people from internet be able to dowload the files from your local server, you need to connect it somehow: either create a remote connection to the server where users can log in using username and password, or a VPN, or connect the server to the internet and install a FTP server software.

You may also use services like dropbox or cubby. These services are, precisely, to be used to host and share files. You have a free option as well as a paid one, and that may serve to your purposes.

Thank you for the answer!

Please tell me how I do it: bring Your quote: “either create a remote connection to the server where users can log in using username and password, or a VPN, or connect the server to the internet and install a FTP server software.”. Please excuse me if I don’t understand something.

You can install a FTP (File Transfer Protocol) server in your computer. FTP can be anonymous, if you want. I assume that you’ll have a router at home that will connect you to internet so you would have to open the FTP port for the IP private address of your server. Note: you may try simply installing a web server in your home computer and expose it, maybe you don’t need the FTP server software.

Then, you can use the public IP address that your ISP provides you for internet connection to expose your server to the internet, making it public and accessible.

Personally, I wouldn’t use any computer at home to do this. I would rather use a service for this kind of thing because if you turn off the server, or you have any power or electricity problem or any other issue, your server will not be accessible.

Read this article, maybe that will help

In order to do this, you must be on the same Network, create a remote connection to the server where users can log in using username and password, or a VPN, or connect the server to the internet and install a FTP server software.

I appreciate your help but do not repeat what has been said… add something to it too! :smiley:

Thank you all for your help!