How to fix page loading time?

hi friends

yesterday i got a message from google adsense, one of my article page which server most of traffic… it could not load faster… they given me link

link its has score 63 of 100 in google… kindly check and suggest me… what should i do?

on the other hand… i checked with other pages like home page which has score of 91 of 100.

between i done few things myself after reading few material online

like i changed WP Super cache to W3 Total Cache

i optimized content images, reuploaded and properly done HTML

http://smashinghub.com/30-beautiful-baby-photos.htm

Another thing, how i can load http://en.gravatar.com/ images from my own server…i saw on “google page speed” “Combine images into CSS sprites”

as following error

The following images served from gravatar.com should be combined into as few images as possible, using CSS sprites.

tell me? i can use my own comment pic

thanks

You can edit .htaccess to improve your speed

Add Code Below After #END WordPress

## EXPIRES CACHING ##
<IfModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType image/jpg "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/png "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType text/css "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/pdf "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/x-javascript "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access 1 year"
ExpiresDefault "access 1 month"
</IfModule>
## EXPIRES CACHING ##
# compress text, html, javascript, css, xml:
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/plain
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/xhtml+xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/rss+xml
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript

# Or, compress certain file types by extension:
<Files *.html>
SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
</Files>
Header unset ETag
FileETag None

Unfortunately you can’t optimize Gravatar images because they’re being served by another site but other things you can do are compress your HTML and CSS using Total Cache (if you’re not already) and remove any widgets from your sidebar that you don’t really need. They’re usually a major cause of slow loading sites. I posted some other site loading time tips here.

1 year and 1 month expiry date is too much, what would happen if you change your theme ?

Try using Torbit and Google page speed services… i can significantly increase your page speed and obviously your website’s speed … :slight_smile:

For as much javascript, images, and ads as you have on your page, your load time is perfectly within expectations (6 - 7 seconds here). Google’s expectations for load speed are high, unrealistically high. Google seems to assume that every website should load as fast as its stripped-down Google home page. That isn’t going to happen.

If you want to increase load time, you are going to have to cut down on requests to the server. That means less Javascript and images on a page.