How to fix site load time issue?

Hello,

Actually i am working for this website http://www.puttinout.com which is currently host on Blue hosting. Site load time is high we reduced our images size as much as possible but still it looks so high.

Its a Wp site so many of plugins we used may be it is the cause ? or its a template issue? Any expert please check and advice me if there is some possible solution for this?

Thanks,
Shoaib.

I checked out that site using tools.pingdom.com. That site makes 231 requests to several servers totaling 6.8 seconds with a total size of 4.2 MB. A number of requests resulted in 0 bytes being returned. Making that many server requests is going to take time. No way around it. On two tests back-to-back, the wait time for the index page HTML content was 2.6 to 2.81 seconds, which is not super fast but is not bad if you are using plugins. Wordpress is awfully bloated to begin with. If you want to improve load time you are going to have to reduce the number of requests the page makes. 231 requests is one of the highest amounts I have seen yet.

These tools might help identify a few areas where you might be able to make some improvements. Note that they are general suggestions–not all the suggestions would be viable or appropriate. Feel free to ask if you’re unsure of which ones might help or not help.

http://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.puttinout.com%2F

well first you have to verify what is the main reason of your website of increase load time, mostly its because of Images, and CSS,
after that customize your images then upload again and fix CSS error hope fully your website loadtime will be decrease for sure

Go to validator.w3.org/
Hire a front end developer
Keep him working until there are zero errors.
Period.

Load time is not really reliant on the number of HTML/CSS validation errors on a webpage. I’ve seen pages that have been chock full of validation errors that still load quickly.

Generally, load time has to do with the amount of time it takes to lookup domains, for the server to respond, for the client to download files from the server, and for the client to process any javascript.

There are some important point that are very helpful to reduce the webpage or website load time.

1. Check all the website images and compress them as according to the website. That will help you to reduce the website load time.
  2. Remove extra code from website
  3. Compress CSS files properly.
  4. Try to avoid Flash on the website

Compressing images might help.

Optimising images, yes, but most image formats are already compressed.

In any case, the home page has a document size of 1439 KB, of which only 139 KB is taken up by images, so they’re not the major issue here. Using sprites to reduce the number of requests might help a little, but I don’t know if that’s even possible with Wordpress.

You can implement sprites if you’ve building or modifying a wordpress template. It’s like any other HTML/CSS change you make to a template.

Personally, sprites tend to take up more time to implement and change than they are worth. In the days of dialup when every KB mattered they were useful, but the effort required to shave off just a couple of KB and the time it takes to establish a connection to each file just don’t seem worth it to me today.

Compress the images and also use fast cache pulgin

Please reduce your file. js and the code size will help to speed up your website.

Thanks every one. We are working on it to fixed. Hope your suggestions will work for us. Cheers.

First what I see is big number of css and js files in source code header. Merge it at one. Also client images merge it one and position them using css. Google out this article “Yahoo Best Practices for Speeding Up Your Web Site”.

Its really a major issue. Try to avoid flash files in your page. If you are try to reduce the resolution of the image to very low then your picture will not looks nice. So If possible then try to use images in your style sheet. Place only few amount of images in your site directly.

I don’t understand this advice. Images will have to be downloaded whether they’re included as images in the HTML or as background images in the CSS, so it will have no effect on the site loading time.

When you are using images as backgrounds and place it in separate style sheet. Then definitely the loading time of the site will get reduced. I experienced that.

What Jasom said. Instead of multiple css and js files, have 1 css and 1 js master file. Google Yahoo ‘yslow’ - google also has such a tool. There are lots of little steps that you can make.

Check for all your plugin, few plugin will get you more web resource such as:
Yet Another Related Post << for alternative you can use code for showing related post;
Data Backup plugins
Hit Counters plugins
The plugin ongoing impact to the server and database (Broken Link Checker; Google XML Sitemaps; Auto blog plugin; SEO Auto Links; SEO Search Term Tagging 2…)
Plugins for sending mail
Insert watermark plugins

You can use P3 Profile plugin for checking any slow plugin!

Good luck!