Traffic tips wanted

I don’t have a marketing budget, so social media seems like a good idea. Call me old fashioned, but I’ve never used social until now I wouldn’t know where to start with the Facebook or Youtube. If I have to do it I’ll do it in style. I have no follows. I like photography. Can you’s give me some tips on how to become famous I listen mostly to classical music like Pavarotti I play piano play guitar. I am a sales person, but I want to use social media as an outlet for my business. Yeah i know its the obvious one just sign up and gets publicity and fans, I’m more interested what social media is popular and what people like to see like should I go and cover music i honestly have no idea I personally never watch marketing videos. Give me some tips of what I could do not directly related to the business but anything that will drive traffic back to website.

Cats are always good for following. But I expect that the market is already saturated. There is really no alternative to signing up and doing your own research if you have no money to engage social media experts.

Write and write and write, then use pictures to illustrate the writing with. Not sure why you’re so convinced that social media is the only way to drive traffic, particularly if you don’t know much about it. Make lots of spider food. It is a marathon rather than a sprint though for most people, despite the stories of those who get a gazillion followers/views or whatever in a week.

Write about your business and what it does, interesting articles to get people looking for stuff to come to your site, take questions, provide answers.

Start by doing what would grab your attention, I don’t think trying something you have no idea about is a good place to start, you don’t really “get” it and it won’t be sustainable even if it works (which it probably won’t).

1 Like

in due respect, what would grab my attention is likely to be very boring like bible philosophy. What my business sells is beach pants. I’ve used forums to build my site from the ground up, I’d apply a similar method to the social media side. Having failed many sites doing what would grab my attention, this business is a group effort. I am looking for very direct answers, nothing inspiration related.

Since you like photography and you are selling beach pants, have you considered building a solid presence on image-based social networks like Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook first before anything else?

http://luizcentenaro.com/instagram-marketing-guide/ by Luiz Centenaro is a very well-written blog post on Instagram marketing. I’m sure you will be able to pick up some practical tips by reading it, and you can basically apply the same tips across both Pinterest and Facebook.

The #beach hashtag alone has 62M photos on Instagram.

Since you don’t have a budget for marketing and I’m assuming that you will be doing this all by yourself, I’d recommend only focusing on two to three social networks rather than spreading yourself too thin.

4 Likes

An amazing article!, thank you for your advice, I will follow them. Again thank you