How to get leads using Linkedin?

Many business development experts are using Linkedin to brand their business and for getting business leads. I am wondering how they are doing that to get the business leads. If any one have some tips please suggest me here in this thread.

I know that Linked-in has policy of advertising their user’s info, in a way business who allows this policy have a free way ads. I think that way can help generate leads aside from inputs of details to your linked in and its connection.

I see LinkedIn as more of a professional network rather than some place where you can advertise. Well, in a way, you can “advertise,” but to do that, you have to build a good reputation amongst the people who are in the same niche as you. Remember that you choose your industry when you’re signing up. From there, you can search for groups that you can be a member of, then work your way up the ladder to become one of the gurus in your niche.

besides these we can also get opportunity to share our profile…many companies look for talented profiles in linkedin…a worthy site!!