How to get links to open with photos

Okay, not sure I can explain this, but I am trying to use part of the code from my website and use to create another one for a friend. Looking at the following, how would I get the “model 1” “model 2” etc., to open as
photos. I use them now for links to articles. Hope I explained that right?

div id=“container”>
<div id=“header”>

&lt;ul id="nav"&gt;
        &lt;li&gt;&lt;a href="Introduction.html"&gt;About Me&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;
        &lt;li&gt;&lt;a href="Aboutme.html"&gt;My Workshop&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;
    &lt;li&gt;&lt;a href="goodole.html"&gt;My Knives&lt;/a&gt;
            &lt;ul&gt;
	 &lt;li&gt;&lt;a href="goodole.html"&gt;Folding Knives&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;
                &lt;li&gt;&lt;a href="Stovall1.html"&gt;Model 1&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;
                &lt;li&gt;&lt;a href="Oldfolks.html"&gt;Model 2&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;
                &lt;li&gt;&lt;a href="Bill.html"&gt;Model 3&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;
                &lt;li&gt;&lt;a href="BasicRules.html"&gt;Model 4&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;
                &lt;li&gt;&lt;a href="Winter.html"&gt;Model 5&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;
                &lt;li&gt;&lt;a href="Productive.html"&gt;Model 6&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;
                &lt;li&gt;&lt;a href="Dan.html"&gt;Model 7&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;
	 &lt;li&gt;&lt;a href="Writing.html"&gt;Model 8&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;
	 &lt;li&gt;&lt;a href="Future.html"&gt;Model 9&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;
	 &lt;li&gt;&lt;a href="Bolts.html"&gt;Model 10&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;

&lt;/ul&gt;

Okay was able to get the photos to open using <li><a href=“images/Stovall1.jpg”>Model 1</a></li> but now how do I get the photos centered on the page when the link is clicked? I tried the align="center> but no worky.

[FONT=Verdana]Thread closed, as new thread started here: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?964184-How-do-I-get-a-photo-centered-from-a-link[/FONT]