How to increaes my ppc revenue?

I’m pretty new here. But I like the sitepoint forums. There are so many talented people in here!

I run a well established website (myspace related content) with 50k+ hits per day and 300 - 500 clicks on Google Ads on average. But the revenue is only $0.05 on average per click …

So are there any ppc programs / feeds / etc. which I could try with my site?
Any suggestions? I hope you can give me some useful tips

<snip />

You could write articles targeting higher value keywords.

Mesothelioma and life insurance keywords have a high payout, if your site is already drawing traffic and you don’t need to wait to rank for these keywords, it might help.

I’m really not sure what high value keywords are in Vietnamese, if you could somehow convince the people bidding for spots on your site to pay more, then you will get paid more.

Also, you have lots of room for more ads. More ads would probably lead to more clicks.

Your suggestion is very useful
Thank you very much !

Tuananhp,

Are you sure your ads are relevant to visitors of your website? One of the biggest culprits of low click through rates are irrelevant ads. Try researching your audience a little more and then tweak your content to be more relevant to your ads.

Here are some tips for doing that,

Hope that helps,

Shawn

Thank you for your feedback, I will try…
this is my site <snip>

[FONT=verdana]“$0.05 on average per click …” That does seem very low.

The basic problem is that you are not attracting high-paying advertisers. That might be because the subject matter of your site is not valuable enough in the eyes of the advertisers. Or it might simply be because there are not enough advertisers in the relevant field, so there is less competition for the ads, and so the price is lower.

Either way, you shouldn’t blame AdSense for this. Switching to a different programme won’t help.

Instead, you’ve got to focus on your content. Make sure your content reflects the topics that attracts the sort of visitors that the advertisers want. I’m not suggesting you change your existing content, which is after all bringing you good traffic. But consider diversifying your content to cover some of the better paying topics.

By the way, you might find this article useful:

Finding the top-paying keywords in Google AdSense

I don’t know how accurate the figures are, but it should give you something to think about.

Mike[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]

If you are looking for a review of your site, then please remember that all review requests, including SEO reviews, should be made through the Reviews & Critiques forum, in accordance with its [URL=“http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?744418-Read-before-requesting-a-review”]guidelines.

You can request general advice and information in this forum, but not a review of a specific site.[/FONT]

Increase the relevancy of your content. The amount paid by google per click depends on how relevant the content according to your website.

As others have mentioned, your problem is low-value keywords on your pages. I would recommend using the Google Adwords tool to find subject areas similar to your current, but with higher ppc value. If you cannot change the content meaningfully, then the other option is to switch to a different monetization strategy where you can get affiliate revenue or something like that from referral links for products/services. Thats just my take on it, what I would be looking at if this were me in this situation.

Focus on quality score. Research exactly what the quality score is and how to improve it, then you will get much better PPC