How to invite all Fans of a FB Page to an event?

Hello,

I recently created a Facebook Page, I created an event with that page, and now I want to invite all Fans of that page to the event. How can I do that?

I know how I can invite all my personal friends, but that is not what I want to do. I know that I can send an update or post on the wall about the event, but again, this is not what I want. I want to send a proper invitation to all fans of the page.

I know there must be a way to do it, because I receive event invitations from people who are not my friends. But how?

Thank you!!

Just go to your page and click use facebook as (your page name) and then create an event and add all your fans.

It is not possible to invite all your fans to an event on Facebook. The rules of inviting people has been changed by Facebook. Now, you can only invite people who are on your friends list. They have to approve the event only then can they join in. Facebook is in the process of changing its algorithm in order to prevent spam.

Hi Zoom,

Yeah, there’s a way that you can easily update your Fans to your event and send an invitation that can be sent at once.

First, go to your event page.

Second, find the button that says “Update the fans of _____”.

After clicking the button, there should have a pop-up facebook dialogue window wherein you can edit the message of invitation.

I attached a picture of where that update button can be found.

Hope this helps!

Hi Zoom123,This feature does not exist.
So bad.

Pages can not invite their fans into events but you can create an event and send a global update as well as wall posts. Updates are seldom read as they don’t appear like usual messages but it’s an option that will get some attention.

You can invite them after you’ve done creating the event there are small box out there somewhere. But that invitation goes manually, you will choose the person’s you want to receive that invitation.But I think there is a select all sending button out there.

Thanks Ted, that’s what I thought, as a web 2.0 marketing pro as well but am always checking in case I missed a great changed somewhere!:smiley:

I wonder then, if, for small entities, like a bar, or a restaurant, it isnt worth it to remain on FB as an invidual profile? They can easily invite to events. I know there’s the 5 000 limit, but for small entities that can not be a problem.

Also, another workaround I can think of is to use an external app for the event. Often tabs generated by apps like “sweepstakes” or " games" are more visible than the Events tab. What do you think?

Besides risking that the page gets shut down there’s differences in how following and posting works for personal pages and brands. Long ago it was feasible for local businesses to get away with this “trick” but these days the functionality works against you.

Also, another workaround I can think of is to use an external app for the event. Often tabs generated by apps like “sweepstakes” or " games" are more visible than the Events tab. What do you think?

I suppose it depends on what the goal of your outcome is. An app can certainly get more visibility, or simplify a particular function but at the end of the day most activity comes from the newsfeed and relevant postings, not what’s on a page.

Thanks Ted, I appreciate your feedback. I’ve seen sooo many local businesses use an individual profile, and become ’ friends’ with their clients, here in France, that I was starting to think I was the anal one about insiting on creating a page!

For Events, it is in fact simpler for them to invite what are in the end almost " friends " in the case of a local biz.
For the other functionalities, I’m not sure what the big disadvantage would be of using the individual profile, as long as they hide their friends list and not think they can go above 5 000…

Remember people don’t come to social for your brand, they come for each other and you have the chance to step in if they like you enough. If you start with yourself in mind – and trick the system to be able to better blast them – you’ll end up turning people away more than gain.

In terms of functions, a profile is built for people, it doesn’t connect in the same was as a business [requires more approvals], it shows different information [birthdate, bio, etc] and when you take advantage of the “benefits” like sending 500 invites a few times you’re risking the entire page.

Great, thanks again. Hope to exchange regularly on social media with a SoCal guy, from the South of France, where soical media is unknown territory for most businesses!

you should just post a some good article and it should be attractive for the other person and you should say to your friends to send the page to the other friends

Have there been any updates about this at all? I run a page where the person I’m doing it for wants all the likes invited to the event I have posted…I have looked in FB forums, pressed every button four times and on and on…any I crazy or just right in assuming there is still no way to invite all your likes to an event you have posted on a fan page?

Thanks!

That’s correct.

The concept of a page is that people follow you to see your updates through their feed but are otherwise immune to any sort of “push” marketing that would detract from the social experience. This obviously hinders your ability to include them but let’s think about the overall experience [what applies to your one page applies to the next one]… there’s a local restaurant I frequent but when I “liked” them it was for passive updates. If they started forcing invites that showed up along with my actual “friend” content I’d bail on their page immediately and possibly their business. Visible and acceptable are often at odds.

The solution is to move beyond a simple page and start integrating social into your business with more intelligent options for your customers to choose from. With the Facebook API you could, for example, build an app & website opt to receive event updates and, now that you have additional access rights, you would be able to push a more visible message to them for appropriate events, even RSVP on their behalf if they request it.

Thanks for the answer, but this would involve development of a custom application for an already tight budget…this functionality isn’t there on a normal, out of the box Facebook fan page, correct?

The concept of a page is that people follow you to see your updates through their feed but are otherwise immune to any sort of “push” marketing that would detract from the social experience.

Another words you can’t “spam” your follower lists with an invite.

[note I put the word spam in quotes because for some that’s exactly what it would be… for others it’s potentially relevant but facebook can’t segment the two]

I use Reverbnation for almost anything and i tell you its the best for facebook page to other social media to event updates. Try it

Does anyone else know if this is possible? We have two pages with thousands of local fans, and we would like to have an option to invite them to our seasonal/annual events ex. Holiday events/New Years event. Does anyone know a way to further look into getting something like this done?

You can’t do a mass invite to a facebook invite through your page. You can however certainly build a custom app on Facebook or your own site using Facebook connect to let people sign up for events, get reminders, mass invites, etc.