How to make a conditional SQL statement

Hello,

I want to make a conditional SQL. I have one table “users” and it has two columns (id, status)

I need to search for users IDs based on their status. For example.

Every 5 seconds I am querying from the database (by AJAX) as per the below description:

Let us say that I have the below results on my wall (on html):
id1: 1
status2: “A”

id2: 2
status2: “B”

I need to get IDs from table “users” but exclude the IDs from database if their statuses haven’t changed on my wall.

So the algorithm should be:

Get all IDs from table “users” but exclude the IDs (1,2) from database (if and only if) their status = (“A”, “B”).

Simply, I need to retrieve all IDs including the IDs (1,2). But for the IDs (1,2): I need to retrieve them in case their corresponding statuses are NOT EQUAL (“A”, “B”) respectively.

But for IDs other than (1,2) like (3,4,5,…), I need to retrieve them without any condition.

I would greatly appreciate if the solution provides an excellent performance when the database records are huge and the check every 5 seconds.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Get them all, and do the check for changed status in your scripting language?

Thanks for your reply. I don’t want to do any check and filtering in PHP. I need to do everything in Mysql query.

I think we need a little more info here. Why not just query all where status not in (‘A’, ‘B’)

Thanks for your reply. No, I need to exclude the records which have no status changed. But if the status changed for those records, then I need to get them.

And where is the original data stored at to compare to the new? If you save a status change date, you can ensure that the change had occurred in the last n seconds. However you would have to run a different query to populate your original data set.

The original data stored in the Javascript and each 5 seconds I am sending AJAX request with the original data. I can’t work on time because the transition of the status might get changed with time but with the same value, for example:

Status now: “hello”
Status after 1 second: “hello 2”
Status after 2 seconds: “hello” ==>same as the first one.

So, I need to check that the status on my DB is different from the one I have on my Javascript to grab it and render it with HTML.

Thanks.