How to make a latest post slider like this.....?

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to make a latest post slider/carousel like the one on The Pioneer Woman’s home page? It seems like it should be pretty simple and I’ve searched for different plugins to do this, but I just can’t seem to find one that is just what I’m looking for. I need the most recent post image with title of post and date, pulled from each category that I specify and I would like to have custom navigation images like she has on hers. Is there a plugin that does this or do I need to make something from scratch?

I’d imagine that you can use any slider that pulls content that you assign eg. latest post/page in a category. If you are looking to have customised navigation images you should be able to go into the code and define these as links to images you make and keep them static rather than dynamically produced by the plugin. I would have thought give the vast amount of sliders around that something should be able to be customised easily to do this for you. I’d think about it in two parts though. First you want the functionality of the slider pulling the content+images etc properly. Then you want to be able to define your own navigation tabs.