How to make only content to scroll?

Maybe something like this http://cssdeck.com/labs/stylish-webkit-scrollbar-with-css … Check out the scrollbars on left side, those thin and grey scrollbars. Is it possible to get something like that?

Its working with Chrome, but Im having problem with Firefox and Explorer.

Actually, that cant be done in firefox or IE. I think the best solution would be to do that “sticky” header you were talking about

To be honest that side menu is so far down the page and quite tall that fixing it into position isn’t the greatest of ideas.:slight_smile:

You had it as a sticky sidebar to start with didn’t you and it was still causing problems.?

You can add custom scrollbars but you would need to do it with js.

What do you think of this? http://manos.malihu.gr/jquery-custom-content-scroller/

Is it possible to use “sticky header” plugin with inital fixed header like I have now?

I haven’t used that one but they are all pretty much alike. I’ve used the one I mentioned above and it was easy to implement but the main problem was using it on hidden elements as it didn’t initialise so you had to show it first then initialise it then hide it. Otherwise it worked pretty well but be aware that many users don’t like the scrollbars being changed although aesthetically it does look more pleasing in some cases.

Is it possible to use “sticky header” plugin with inital fixed header like I have now?

[/quote]

I’m not sure what you mean exactly. If you only wanted to fix part of the header such as them menu (to make the page height less) then you wouldn’t need a fixed header to start with because you want it to scroll away and just leave the menu.

It may be worth you just creating a rough demo page with the header in place and try these things out in isolation so that you don’t mess up the existing site. That’s what I usually do when I’m trying to get something to work and to see if its useful before implementing the finer detail.

Would it be possible to align slider text vertically between header and footer? Same site

Hi,

Assuming its only 2 lines you could try:

.slideshow-caption {top: 50%}

Otherwise you’d have to change the html and set up a proper vertical centering technique with a display:table/table-cell structure.