How to monetize an E-Book?

Is there any way to monetize a Diets Ebook? Or is it better to make a blog / website about weight loss and put articles from it for free and earn from ads?
But with the competition in weight loss niche I think it will be impossible to make any money from a blog, can someone suggest me any good idea? The book is all unique, though has about 30% of the commonly known diets and facts, but 70% its written by a professor nutritionist and has never been published in US.

why don’t you consider selling book from sites like clickbank?

Thx u4t2t, I will check up on clickbank and see if its good, any other sites where I can try selling my book? Is it a good idea to sell book for kindle?

Clickbank is a good idea. So is PayDotCom. Both of these models work by getting affiliates - or people who know how to market online - to sell your ebook. The thing is, the book has to be of high quality, the book needs to have a really good landing page - and you must make a few sales yourself through your website.

Then you’ll have more than a few affiliates getting onto your product and making massive amounts of sales.

Clickbank is a good option but you need to have your own website, domain name and webhosting. Other option you could consider tradebit.com

clickbank is good option and u can post on popular blogs about ur product also. Like paid review or post.