How to open a web page with different navigation of Header menu?

Hi there

I have a question that suppose there is a web page suppose webpage1.html and this page is getting call from different page like webpage2.html,webpage3.html and webpage4.html.

What I want is when this page is called from the page the calling page header should not change and this webpage(webpage1.html) should open there.

If I will define header of a webPage(webpage1.html) then it will also change header view of a webpage.

How do I acheive this?

Thanks

sounds like php include would do this… would love to give an example, but my knowledge here is limited… just google php include and then possibly with some js onclick change the include

It sounds like you might be talking about html frames where content is loaded into a specific frame? However frames are evil and no one uses them these days.

If on the other hand you are talking about dynamically loading content (ajax) into sections when required then that is only advisable for small sections of content and not your main content areas because despite claims to the contrary content that is only available by JS does not get indexed very well at all by google.

Or it may be that you are talking about ‘includes’ as mentioned in the post above :smile:

You may need to clarify a little more if we are both wide f the mark.

I am using jsp for web design.I am trying to use jsp something like

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
      pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"%>
    <%@ include file="/jsp/include.jsp" %>

<html>
     <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
    <title>This is JSP Include Test</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <a href='<jsp:include page="/jsp/test.jsp"></jsp:include>'></a>
    </body>
    </html>

something like this I have try so far

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.