How to post comments on articles?

Didn’t know where else to post this so I’ll give it a go here.

How does one comment on articles? I’m sure I’m missing something…

On Sitepoint Articles? Do you have a specific article in mind?

Yes I do.

t the bottom of the article you don’t see the following?

No. It gets cut off right after the “You might also like” section.

EDIT: After checking it out on Firefox the comment section is there. I guess it just doesn’t work on Chrome. However, Disqus doesn’t seem to work on Chrome at all from what I see.

Have any Adblocking/Content Blocking software/extensions installed? Are you behind a corporate firewall/proxy?

I do have AdBlock. That may be the reason. Didn’t even think about that. Thanks!

Cool, let me know if disabling it, makes the comment section appear (it would be nice to know that was the cause) :slight_smile:

Oddly enough even when I disable it the comments section does not appear. I’ve re-cached the page and even pulled it up in dev mode but it still doesn’t show. That’s strange.

Drats. Any other extensions? HTTPS Everywhere? NoScript (do you have JavaScript disabled?)

JavaScript is enabled. The only other extension that may cause a problem is Avast, but I doubt that would do it. It works in both Firefox and Firefox Dev Edition even with AdBlock on. Hmm.

Weird, I’m using Chrome (that is what I used for my screenshot earlier). Very very strange.

Consider fresh installing Chrome?

After checking through my extensions I apparently had an extension called Web Securify that was causing some errors. After removal I now have access to comments section. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

In good news, we’re about to do an overhaul of commenting - announcement coming over the next few days.

That’s interesting, it’s the second time this week I’ve heard of that extension causing problems with elements not loading.

As @hawk said below, though, this soon won’t be a problem at all!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.