How to print florescent blue in CMYK?

Hi all, I made a stupid mistake of designing my company logo in rgb, now they want to print a brochure in cmyk….i am not able to get the rgb color in cmyk,The color details are as followsR : 0G : 68 B : 255Plz helpI remember seeing florescent blue/green posters long time back…I need to know If we should go for Offset Press or Digital PrintThanksamy

about all you may be able to do is get close in cmyk. get a book of cmyk swatches and find a close match.

fluorescent ink in print is usually a spot colour (or it was printed using hexachrome palette)

Yea… Like Redux said your best bet is a Spot color or Pantone that is a close match.

Originally posted by iwinweekly.com
Yea… Like Redux said your best bet is a Spot color or Pantone that is a close match.
FWIW, Photoshop will let you view PANTONE colors, in case you didn’t know. Just click on ‘Custom’ in the color chooser dialog., but it’s better to get a PANTONE book or something similar.

I tried all palettes…and the closest one was C:100%, M:0%, Y:0%, and K:0%… but i’m not happy with the color

Originally posted by beetle
FWIW, Photoshop will let you view PANTONE colors, in case you didn’t know. Just click on ‘Custom’ in the color chooser dialog., but it’s better to get a PANTONE book or something similar.

Are u sure i will get this color in Pantone book or Color Card…'cos if i get the book and its not of any use…my boss will scream at me

Hey i couldn’t find “hexachrome palette”, help!

amy

Yeah, cmyk is a narrower color space than rgb and a spot color should be the way to go. Can you post the logo for us to look at? Do you know any graphic artists who would own a pantone book? Most commercial photo labs have them around.

Originally posted by amrithsagar
Hey i couldn’t find “hexachrome palette”, help!

http://www.pantone.com/products/products.asp?idArea=6&bShowProducts=1

hexachrome is basically like traditional CMYK, but has 2 more colour to expand the limited CMYK range with an extra blue and orange (if i remember correctly) standard colour. this means that you’re less dependant on spot colours to render vibrant colours similar (and even beyond) the RGB range.

Easiest thing to do would probally visit the print shop where you are gonna get the brochure printed…show them your logo and ask them how to acheive that color in print.

They will know best whether a basic pantone, hexachrome or special mix will be the most accurate.

And if your doing proofs on a regular desktop printer…yer never gonna get a florensent color from one.

I went to the Printer…He uses a “high speed color laser printer” as he said…and i was surprised to see totally different colors on his pc…he did try to bring it to the rgb’s closest…but the proof print was hopeless…

Now i dont know what to curse…Photoshop or the printer…the saddest part is that my company has stuck a deal already with this guy for future print jobs…

His designers also tried to do their best but the print was not satisfactory at all…they say corel gives good print and so they took a print from corel as well, but at the end…“:-(”

can u help me, plz
amy

color lasers use cmyk and (in my experience) totally suck at rendering rgb values and even pms in most cases. i would go back to your cmyk values for the logo, do a handful of different versions with slightly different values (ie: more cyan, less magenta, etc) and run a couple of tests. do this until you get close. this is the only way i’ve been able to get anywhere with those types of printers. you might check to see if he has some swatches that he’s printed from it and see if you can compare to some of those before you start.

Oh even i felt the same thing…i was comfortable with offset printer…this printer told that there’s nothing that can’t be printed with his printer…u know he does not tell the make and model of the printer…i couldn’t stop laughing…

The designers at the printers place chose the colors after looking into the pantone color chart which that printer himself printed…doesn’t it sound strange!!!

amy

You have to be aware that screen visualization is meaningless. Different screen calibrations and graphic cards may render different versions of the same colour combination be it RGB, CMYK or Pantone. As fdeaton had suggested the best bet is to choose a colour from the Pantone book and print it off set. Proofs from colour laser printers will not accurately reproduce the colour you want. If you are looking for fluorescent colours these can be obtained as spot colours (Pantone) but you will not be able to reproduce them in any digital proofing system available.