How to print photo thumbnails?

Hi, I want to be able to set up some photo thumbails with the dimensions 51mm x 36mm. I’ve tried a Contact Sheet but its impossible to get the dimensions spot on.

I need to do this on the fly in batches of 6 or so, any ideas?

Cheers.

Do you have Photoshop?
If so you can use a batch action to resize all your photos to the desired dimensions of the thumbnails then place them on a new document where you can place the thumbnails as you wish. This new document should be print friendly i.e. CMYK mode and a 300 DPI resolution.
You can do this with other advanced Graphic editors if you don’t have Photoshop.

Thanks, i understand how to resize but is there a way to put them onto an A4 page automatically or am I going to haveto do this myself?

Cheers

To have a good quality that is print friendly I think you should do it yourself.
Otherwise you can search for some gallery creation scripts (PHP Scripts) but you won’t have a good print quality.

I use imagemagick and you can resize the photos to keep the aspect ration pad them to say 51 x 51 then when placing them on the page they will be in columns.

I have a localhost setup and would use php to do it but you could write a batch file or shell script to do what you want - you could then also add the date or name etc.

I think I might have a couple of ideas, but would like to make sure that I understand the purpose for what you are trying to do?