How to promote a blog?

Blog promotion is very important. but how promoted a blog? which activity do you use for promoting a blog?

like any other site these could help:
seo
social submissions
forums
good content

i do the basics: forum posting, blog commenting, social bookmarking, article submission, qa posting, etc…

If you want to promote your blog you need to do search engine Submission,Blog Directory Submission and Social Bookmarking.
Another way you can also promote a blog via RSS, and, Ping sites and Comment posting.

To promote your blog you have do to the SEO work like Social Bookmarking, Article submission, Forums & so on. I agree with oliviadonns points. That the best way for promoting your site is the RSS feed. You have to update your blog frequently it gives more traffic for your blog via RSS feed news letter.

I like staying on basic:

1. blog commenting on similar niche
  2. bookmarking
  3. rss submission
  4. forum may also help

Backlinking with other sites.
Blog comments
Social bookmarking
Socail networking sites
Forums
Making mini sites to work as gate way pages.

You can go with following activities

1. Blog pinging
  2. blog directory submission
  3. forum submission
  4. RSS Submission
  5. Article submissions
  6. Blog commenting on similar niche
  7. Link building
  8. Participate in social networking

A lot of people on this forum mention RSS submission and I’d like to know more about that. I have an RSS feed available on my site, and submit my feed to my FB page and FB Networked Blogs. But where else does everyone submit their RSS feed?

Depends on your blog. If you have a food related blog, there is a great site called Foodista that I have been using to promote our little health blog.

Basically if you have a recipe that is similar to one of theirs, you can exchange links with them. So now people on Foodista might have the chance of finding you and liking what they see.

I imagine that these types of sites are around with other industries other than food as well.

Commenting on other blogs will also help in promoting your own. Just make sure that the ones you comment on hare related to yours to get relevant traffic.

Yes you are right blog promotion is very important; these activities are use for promoting a blog:

Bookmarking Submission,
Blog Commenting,
RSS Submission,
Forum Posting,
Social Networking Sites,
Articles Submission,
Ping sites in Submission.

Try to get more and more quality back links. You have to work systematically for that. Otherwise you have to spend money to buy links.

promotion:
*Youtube
*Blogs
*Articles
*Forums

1. Article submission
  2. YouTube
  3. Blogposting
  4. Forum Posting
  5. Gorilla Marketing

do follow links for your keywords for seo would be perfect.
social bookmarks
Digg! Stumbleupon!

I found Social Bookmarking really effective for increasing blog traffic.

You can post your blog on different blogging networks and join groups. Interact with other bloggers to gain exposure.

The easiest way is blog commenting but make sure you leave good comments. Also you can try promoting it on forums just don’t spam. Last on my list is directory submission as this hardly get you any traffic.

Yeah just do as much as you can, where ever you can, only if it’s relevant though. Then you’ll build backlinks and eventually get more and more traffic.