How to protect my wordpress content?

I am looking to protect my content from piracy. Other people are copying my stuff and post on their websites.

Following because someone stole from me, I am interested too.

Hello,

In fact it’s a big question because we all get copied… it’s hard to stop spammers and lamers… the things you can do and they don’t really resolve the problems but will give a notice to the Spammer and Copier :

• Use what we call a Hotlink protectors plugins For Images and Direct Download Links

• use wordpress prevent copy paste plugin… even though that deactive the Mouse right click but will give more work to the spammer in order to copy your content…

• At least if you know your Copier… make a Complaint to his Hoster… I really Suspended a lot of Spammers Websites and Blogger Blogs by doing that… Never Forget that you are protected by the DMCA So You have the Right to Complaint… just give a good Proves…
    Goodluck

The more you build in to the page to try to prevent theft the more attractive your page will be to get stolen as many will do it just because they think it is somehow clever that they know how easy it is to bypass all such “protection”.

The most effective thing to do when you find someone has stolen your content is to issue a DMCA takedown notice. If they ignore the request to take down the stolen content then their hosting provider is the next place to approach as well as advising search engines.

Thank you for information. I can download DMCA notice from website or I need lawyer to send DCMA notice? I like idea of add on. I have wordpress so I can add it.

What hotlink protector pplugin? or is that the wordpress add on?

Thank you very much for the good information!

Nothing is bulletproof, but you could try simple but effective methods:

CSS:

body{
-webkit-touch-callout: none;
-webkit-user-select: none;
-khtml-user-select: none;
-moz-user-select: none;
-ms-user-select: none;
-o-user-select: none;
user-select: none;
}

Javascript: Disable right mouse click with © message: www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/noright.htm

I’m sorry, I don’t understand what you write here with CSS code?

No need to be sorry, can you acces your style.css file?

Open it in Notepad and add the CSS to the body tag.

This will disable the user to select text on your website.

Oh thank you so much! I will add this when I am home later. Thank you!

I came to this forum for making question about this matter. Because I am also suffering from this problem. But I am very happy getting some suggestion without posting my question. Thank to all.

Just a thought, but really if your site is getting scraped for some reason then mostly people don’t even load anything other than the markup, which is then parsed-- so CSS modifications aren’t going to be visibile to the program that is doing the scraping.

Added to the fact that if someone wants to get your content by hand, they can pretty easily just press ctrl-u and have it marked up and ready to c/paste…

IMO legal remedies are mostly the only effective thing that you can do.