How to Remove Website from Google spam?

Hi

I recently got email from Google that says my website is pure spam due to quality issues…

Is there any way i can remove it from Google spam List???

Yes - deal with the issue(s) which caused it to be penalised in the first place. :slight_smile:

First of all known the issue i.e., Google Panda or Google Penguin
IF u know the issue then start working on it like
For Google Panda- Start removing spam or promotional or old content from your website and write fresh content for the same.
For Google Penguin- Start removing bad links with the help of online free tools for backlinks checker and remove as much as possible and after that have some quality links in a proper categorized manner.
and when u completed all your activities try to resubmit in Google for reconsideration.

Hope It will Help You !!!

Agree with TechnoBear,
you must deal with the issue first, i will try duplicate content check with copyscape first :slight_smile:

If Google is saying the site is “pure spam”, then checking with Copyscape is NOT the solution. Copyscape can only tell you if you have duplicate content. That is not the same as spam, and is not something that would trigger a warning from Google.

Mike

Yes…Mike My website has no duplicate content.I am not able to find any reason as i followed all guidelines.Is it possible if any of my competitor has report me???

Even if someone reported your site, Google would have to make the decision.

If you know the site absolutely was not SPAM, perhaps “off-site” SEO is a factor? eg. buying links

Submit a reconsideration request in Google webmaster tools… AFTER fixing the problems your website clearly has.

If Google penalised a website just because a competitor reported it, then companies all over the world would be busy reporting their competitors, and the competitors would be retaliating by reporting the reporters, and the whole system would collapse. Google are not that shortsighted.

Mike

OK i was wrong, sorry. Please let me know when you finally found what was the problem exactly as this is interesting to me:

• You have no duplicate content
  • You follow all guidelines
    and you still got qulity issue warning from Google.

You might find this helpful in identifying the reason for the penalty notice:

If, as your first post mentions, the reason is given as “Pure Spam”, then you can find more information here:

It ould be that you just received Spam from someone else disguised as google. I get those all the time from PayPal and eBay.

If your site is getting decent traffic and is ranking in the SERPs then I would ignore.

When it comes to helping the little guy google sucks. Unless of course you want to throw money into their Awords system. THEN they give you a little more attention.

I gave up on google many moons ago.

Just my opinion. Good luck!

Buddy

I’ve never heard of that kind of Spam message impersonating Google, but there’s always a first time. :slight_smile: Fortunately, there’s also an easy way to check. Does GWT show the same message?

I am planning to purchase the new domain and transfer all the data to new domain and redirect the previous domain to new one…what do you think?? Is that a good idea??

But if the original site really is spammy, you would simply be transferring the spam to the new site. The new site would then get the same spam penalty as before.

Better to find out what was causing the penalty in the first place, and then deal with it.

Mike

I think you should remove the poor content and make similarity between title page to meta description.

Removing poor content I certainly agree with, but I’m unable to see any reason why a lack of similarity between title and description tags would cause Google to issue a “Spam” notice.

Sorry @TechnoBear I missed your reply.

I used unpublished email addresses for some of my work so when I start getting emails from PayPal, eBay and yep Google I know I am getting something that I did not ask for. So I hit the ole delete button.

Hmmmm…GWT. Nope I have never used their tool kit. Delete is my toolbox for stuff like that. lol

Buddy

If you are being penalized by Google. I suggest that you should start removing low quality and spammy backlinks. Then start building high-quality backlinks. Also write unique and high quality contents. High quality contents are also a great way to boost traffic.

But I think you have to wait for the next Algorithm Update or refresh to see if your site has any improvement.

The OP has not returned to this topic in the last two months, so there seems little point in continuing the discussion.