How to restrict someone from copying content from my website

Hello,

i want to know about how to restrict some elemnets like Humans and spammers or software to copy content from website this happens just because of recent analysis of my website that most peoples are copying content from website <snip />

does anyone help me, so that i can restrict peoples to take copy of my content

It’s near impossible to stop someone from any given website, if it’s not already have you thought of placing what you don’t want copied inside a member’s only area of the site?

There’s nothing you can do at a technical level to prevent copying. Once you have placed your content on a web server, anyone can view it, and can therefore copy and paste it, or copy it by other means.

However, there are steps you can take at a legal level. These won’t prevent the copying, but they can help in getting the copied content removed and discouraging the perpetrators from doing it again. See “Dealing with copyright infringements of your web page or blog” for some suggestions. But don’t expect instant success. The best you can hope for is to reduce the extent of the copying; you’ll never eliminate it.

Mike

there are no method to stop copied content from website you can just disabled right click and in java script disable right click also so normally user not able to copy content

There are many tool/application available in the market to protect the content from copying by others, one of them is copyscape whose premium version helps in not to copy the content of the website easily. Including copyscape you can also take help of DMCA complaint to Google.

Here are I am going to share two reference link which will help how to protect content to be copied as well as how to use DMCA.

Sorry, but these tools do nothing to prevent copying. Copyscape can only help you detect copies after they have been made. As I and others have already said, there’s no way of actually preventing the contents of a web page being copied in the first place.

As for your suggestion of a “DMCA complaint to Google”, that’s not right either. You would submit a DMCA notice to the offending site or to the hosting company, not to Google. You can only do that if the company is in the US. Google have a form which you can use to nofify them of an infringement, but the best they can do is to remove the page in question from their index; they have no power to prevent the copying or to close the offending site.

Mike

Yes, you are right because Google is just the mediator between site and the court. Thanks a lot to give detail explanation as well as clear my doubt regarding DMCA and copied content.

Some software developing companies can help you with coding to block right click, by blocking right click option you can prevent copy option though people can take screen shot of your page and use it as an Image.

Blocking the right-click menu does not nothing to prevent copying, as virtually all browsers also have a Copy function in the Edit menu and as a keyboard shortcut. All that blocking the righf-click menu does is to annoy the legitimate user.

Even if the browser provided no copy function of any kind, it would be trivially easy to access the source code, and to extract the text from it.

Mike

You can’t block right click - most browsers have that option disabled by default to prevent web pages interfering with the operating system functionality attached to that button.

Anything that can be added to web pages to try to block access to the content can be easily bypassed. Applying any such blocks will increase the number of people copying your content because they think that it is somehow clever that they know how to get around the blocks. Using such blocks will convince those more experinced at stealing web content from copying your content but only because they know that anyone who knows so little about the web that they think content blocking is possible rarely will have anything worth stealing.

A simple way to copy an article that was conducted blacked article content then use “tricks” are familiar Ctrl + C. Because it simply copying prevention is simple,
you can check 4 way to Protect content website :

1.Use plugin Fantastic Content Protector Free

2.Use javascript

3.Automatically add links to source articles are copied use Tynt Publisher Tools

4.Using the DMCA Protected

I hope that It will help you Protect content website :slight_smile:

There are no way available to restrict someone to copying your content. but don’t worry someone use your content and publish without rewrite, Google will punish.

Unfortunately, that’s not true. Google has no way of knowing if someone has copied your content without your permission, and it certainly doesn’t “punish” those that do. The best you can do is to file a complaint with Google, and they will then remove the offending content from their index. But they won’t do that unless you take action, and even then the offending party has a right to defend themselves.

Mike

State your copyrights on your website and appeal to users trying to download with a message asking them to credit you or request permission first. This won’t stop all visitors from downloading, but it will stop quite a few. Try your message in different places and with different wordings, see what happens.
This is pretty much the most elegant and hassle-free way of reducing this problem. Restricting everyone is pretty much impossible and lawsuits are often not worth the effort.

I always gotta laugh if someone disabled the right mouse button (if i want to check the code) just to prevent that they aren’t stealing the content :smiley:

There are no such way to stop copy the content from your website. When you have disable left or right click or copy options through script code on live, there are another way to copy from source. Only you can check where your contents are using through some tools like copyscape and you can put protected by copyscape link on your website.

If someone is copying content from your website, then the website of that person will be penalized, as such there is no prescribed method of preventing someone from copying the content present on your website.

I’m closing this thread, as it has become repetitive and the OP has never returned.

Thanks to all who contributed.