How to stop an animation loop in jquery

I have a problem with the animation on this page “intervista 5

Practically, when the player is playing, next and prev arrows should be hidden. When the user hovers with the mouse on div.interview_media the function I created[1] shows current slide’s active arrows.

Now, the issue: if I hover div.interview_media from the right or the left side of the div, centrally (i.e. where the next or the prev arrow should be) the animation enters a loop since when the arrow is hidden, the pointer triggers the animation while, appearing the arrow, the pointer is no more on div.interview_media but on one of the arrow (.browse) so arrows are hidden entering, then, a show/hide loop… doh!

Any idea on how to solve the issue?

Thank you all for you help,
Giuseppe

[1] The show hide function:

$(function(){
    $('.interview_media').hover(
        function(){
            console.log('showing arrows');
            $('.hidden').stop(true, true).show(200);
        },
        function(){
            console.log('hiding arrows');
            $('.hidden').stop(true, true).hide(200);
        }
    );
});

Ok, it seems that with just using fadeIn/Out functions the loop (most of the times. please, let me know how it works for you) is not triggered.
I will also add hoverIntent to be sure the functions is triggered once the mouse is really hovering the div but I am still curious if there was a “correct” solution to the issue. Any idea?

Thank you all anyway.

Giuseppe

Ok, I took the pragmatic way I should had taken yesterday. I just moved next and prev arrows inside .interview_media. Time is precious.