How To submit the Sitemap?

Hi friends i have a website i’ve completed all the webmaster portions when i went to submit my sitemap it is showing that 1errors don’t no what is that so please help me friends to identify what kind of problem it is in order to rectify the issue to get index from the major search engines.

Thanks

ramis zaro

Can you post a link to your sitemap?

Here is the answer to your question

http://support.google.com/sites/answer/100283?hl=en

But again, you know how to add a signature to your forum profile, it should not be too difficult for you to submit a sitemap.

Isnt it :wink:

Hey ramiszaro can you please share what to the error shown so I can get you the right answer.

Hi alaxhooper it shows like this "Your Sitemap appears to be an HTML page. Please use a supported sitemap format instead."please help me to retrieve this problem.

Why don’t you use one of the online services mentioned by tsathyasat?
This one, for example.

Sign in to Google Webmaster Tools using the same account information you use to sign in to Google Sites.

Click “Add a site…”, enter the base URL of your Google Site in the box that pops up, then click “Continue.”

On the following page, select the radio button next to Add a meta tag to your site’s home page.

Copy the meta tag (for example, <meta name=“google-site-verification” content=“z5mJLjVGtEe5qzCefW1pamxI7H46u19n4XnxEzgl1AU” />) from the Instructions box.

In a new browser window or tab, navigate to the Google Site you wish to verify. (You will need to go back to the Webmaster Tools page, so do not close it.)

Select Manage site from the “More actions” drop-down menu.

Select the General tab under the Site Setting area.

Paste the meta tag that you copied on the Google Webmasters Tools site in the box next to Google Webmaster Tools verification.

Click “Save changes.”

Go back to the Webmaster Tools page where you copied the meta tag.

Click “Verify.”

First thing is that where you want to submit the sitemap. If you want to submit in Google webmaster then Sign in to your Google webmaster account and follow the steps. 1. click add a site 2. enter url and verify through meta code 3. after verify site click on manage a site. 4. on left side you click in drop down sitemap of health site then submit the sitemap.

Create an XML Sitemap. You can create an XML sitemap by hand, or use an XML sitemaps generator to do it for you.

Login to your Google account and go to Google webmaster tools.

Add your site to Google by clicking on the “Add a Site” button. You don’t need to verify the site in order to submit a sitemap for it.

Click on your site URL and then click on the plus-sign next to Site configuration. When it appears, click on the Sitemaps link.

Click on the Submit a Sitemap button and fill in the URL of your sitemap XML file. It must be stored on the site that it’s mapping.

Google will check the sitemap and begin indexing your site as soon as it’s determined the sitemap has no errors.