How to tell if it's HTML5

on reddit today…

That’s beautiful Rudy, one the image, and two that you go on reddit :D.

thanks

actually, i just skim the best of reddit on http://popurls.com/

:smiley:

Does anything work in Internet Explorer? lol

Needlessly KIND to HTML 5.

Sure, but define “work”

A lot of things “work” in IE, but is just buggy.

Thermite works very well for Internet Explorer…

if your web page doesn’t work in IE, ur doing it wrong

:cool:

Thermite always does the trick. Otherwise, C4.

Then it would really live up to the nickname Internet Exploder, wouldn’t it?

Well, it depends on your motive. :wink:

The message in that graphic doesn’t seem to bear too much questioning. I mean, what browser does support HTML5? (None that I know of.) So is the implication that CSS is also involved here? If so, then plenty of non-HTML5 sites don’t work in IE.

But maybe I’m thinking too much. (I certainly have a lean and hungry look …)

fair comment

it was not in regard to html5 per se, more in response to post #4

my assumption is that most people will want to make sure that a substantial portion of their web site’s visitors are not shafted by b0rken pages

so you make it work in IE, full stop

[semi-offtopic] my original post, with the picture, was actually added to an older thread, but a moderator split it off into this (new) thread… and i did not assign this thread’s title… so i’m wondering if another kind moderator would please fix the spelling error, as it appears that i did it, and i’m pretty careful about spelling errors

:slight_smile:

Ah, I see. (And my comment was just being cheeky, anyway. What you say is quite right, of course. :slight_smile: )

Off Topic:

so I’m wondering if another kind moderator would please fix the spelling error

Done! (Well, fixed some punctuation, anyhow. I’m not very good at spelling, but I don’t think I’ve missed anything there.)

ralph, you are a gentleman, thanks

:slight_smile:

It was a joke, but ok.

I was playing along, but ok

Sorry it’s hard to tell in an online forum.

You knowing that, and yet you still assumed there wasn’t a possibility of it being a joke as well ;).

Lol I don’t know, some of you guys seem so serious. I also realized we are starting to take over this thread.

That image made my day. IE humor, it’s just never ending.